How can I get just above 520?

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How can I get just above 520?

by fahdm » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:25 pm
Hello

I just would like to ask you.

Could you please help me to make study plan for GMAT exam? because I want to write the exam on July 15th or 20th and my target score is to get just above 520. Do you think this date is enough to hit this target?

To know how I prepared for GMAT and my plan was, since mid of April I have prepared for GMAT, and I focused on quantitive section. This is not good because I did not focus on verbal section. Now in quantitive section I can preform well, but I need more then 2 minutes and some time less depends on the difficulty of the question. I did practice test on OG software and I got 300 ( Q 22, 10% and V 11, 3%) . Also I watched all video in magoosh.com and I did some practices on the website and it was very helpful for me. Also I finished OG book 2016( the black one) questions ( quantitive questions) , but I think I should go back to review it. I feel that all the questions in OG 2016 up to 120 question in both sections are easy. Now I don't know what to do to hit my target score.

I hope to help me.

Thank you,

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:45 pm
fahdm wrote:Hello

I just would like to ask you.

Could you please help me to make study plan for GMAT exam? because I want to write the exam on July 15th or 20th and my target score is to get just above 520. Do you think this date is enough to hit this target?

To know how I prepared for GMAT and my plan was, since mid of April I have prepared for GMAT, and I focused on quantitive section. This is not good because I did not focus on verbal section. Now in quantitive section I can preform well, but I need more then 2 minutes and some time less depends on the difficulty of the question. I did practice test on OG software and I got 300 ( Q 22, 10% and V 11, 3%) . Also I watched all video in magoosh.com and I did some practices on the website and it was very helpful for me. Also I finished OG book 2016( the black one) questions ( quantitive questions) , but I think I should go back to review it. I feel that all the questions in OG 2016 up to 120 question in both sections are easy. Now I don't know what to do to hit my target score.

I hope to help me.

Thank you,
Have you taken another practice test since you completed all of those OG questions? If not, I'd take another one soon. Once you're at the point when the majority of the Official Guide questions are easy for you, it's really a question of learning to manage your time well and recognizing when to employ certain strategies. Taking practice exams is the best way to cultivate this mastery.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course