Just appeared the GMAT...scored 690....

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Just appeared the GMAT...scored 690....

by ellipsis » Fri May 20, 2016 12:40 am
I took the GMAT a week earlier and scored 690(Q48 V35).Still waiting for the AWA scores. I am just trying to know my chances of getting into B-Schools based on my GMAT score.

My profile:
I currently have a 2 years Work Ex working with Wipro Technologies as Project Engineer. My role is basically providing Services to Novartis Pharmaceuticals one of the major clients of Wipro. I have good knowledge of Computer languages like Java,Unix,C,C++ etc.
I guess I have decent academics. 10th-92% 12th-78 and a GPA of 3.4
I was an active participant of nearly all the extra curricular activities in my college during my Under Graduation.I was a member of several communities in my college and part of the Training and Placement department(One of the vital departments) of the college.

Basically I am trying to know my chances of getting into B Schools with this profile or should I retake the exam or start improving my profile by taking up Internships or Courses Pre-MBA.

Thanks In advance for your valuable inputs.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon May 23, 2016 7:08 am
ellipsis wrote:I took the GMAT a week earlier and scored 690(Q48 V35).Still waiting for the AWA scores. I am just trying to know my chances of getting into B-Schools based on my GMAT score.

My profile:
I currently have a 2 years Work Ex working with Wipro Technologies as Project Engineer. My role is basically providing Services to Novartis Pharmaceuticals one of the major clients of Wipro. I have good knowledge of Computer languages like Java,Unix,C,C++ etc.
I guess I have decent academics. 10th-92% 12th-78 and a GPA of 3.4
I was an active participant of nearly all the extra curricular activities in my college during my Under Graduation.I was a member of several communities in my college and part of the Training and Placement department(One of the vital departments) of the college.

Basically I am trying to know my chances of getting into B Schools with this profile or should I retake the exam or start improving my profile by taking up Internships or Courses Pre-MBA.

Thanks In advance for your valuable inputs.
Hi,
You have decent profile with average GMAT score and work experience. GMAT is just one of the factor for getting into top B-schools so don't worry only about your score. You need to focus mainly on building your profile and start working on the application. Normally serious candidates dedicate 2-3 months time to just work on their application essays. To assess your chances you can try this tool, visit https://goo.gl/mJ3AhG

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Tue May 24, 2016 6:57 pm
Thanks for sharing.

Do invest time in researching about your target programs, determining and demonstrating fit with them through your essays. Also, getting strong letters of recommendation would also help your chances.

Regarding retaking the GMAT, consider how confident you are on improving on your current score. A higher GMAT score could help your chances of admissions or scholarships.

Wish you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!