Construction Boom

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Construction Boom

by vishalogy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:46 pm
The OA for the below question is [spoiler]"A"[/spoiler]. Can someone please help me understand why "[spoiler]C"[/spoiler] is wrong???

Recently in City X, developers have stopped buying land, contractors have found themselves going without work for longer periods, and banks have issued fewer mortgages. There must be fewer new residents moving to City X than there were previously.

Which of the following indicates a flaw in the reasoning above?

A) This year several housing blocks have gone on the market after being held up for months by legal red tape.

B) The average size of a new home has increased significantly over the past several years.

C) Re-sales of condominiums have increased over the past six months.

D) The cost of materials such as lumber and cement has decreased over the past year.

E) Sales of other big-ticket items, such as automobiles and boats, has remained steady over the past year.
wish

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sumank8216 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:37 pm
A" people wud have already paid for these houses, but the houses were kept on hold..so no mortgage ..no land ..no construction is required after these houses have been put in the market..but still people will move to city X.

C: Resales ...still banks would need to issue mortgages to people to for these old houses.But bank hasnt thats why this cant be an answer..

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:600

by viju9162 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:12 pm
I also went for C. Thanks Sumank for briefing the answer.
"Native of" is used for a individual while "Native to" is used for a large group

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by vishalogy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 pm
Got it!!!!
Thanks a lot.
wish

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by joseph32 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:42 pm
I believe the answer should be A