GMAT 610, what are the best colleges that I can get?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I recently took the GMAT exam and scored a 610 (V29, Q45). Am confused whether I should retake it or apply to some good colleges where I feel I can get in based on my profile (mentioned below) and other factors.

What are the best colleges in sync with my GMAT score and profile? Requesting your help in the matter.

My Profile:

1. B.Tech Graduate (Zero Experience in IT Industry as I chose another career path)
2. Sports Journalist at The Times of India.
3. Marketing Strategist at Star Sports (Star India Pvt Ltd).
4. 5 years Work Experience.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:770

by OptimusPrep » Sat May 07, 2016 7:28 pm
ankurpramod wrote:Hi,

I recently took the GMAT exam and scored a 610 (V29, Q45). Am confused whether I should retake it or apply to some good colleges where I feel I can get in based on my profile (mentioned below) and other factors.

What are the best colleges in sync with my GMAT score and profile? Requesting your help in the matter.

My Profile:

1. B.Tech Graduate (Zero Experience in IT Industry as I chose another career path)
You have an interesting work experience that is completely difference from other Indian candidates (who are mostly from IT). This should definitely give you an edge.

Having said that, I would recommend you to retake the GMAT if you want to crack a great school.

Selection of schools depends on a lot of factors:

1. What is your long term/short term goal?
2. Which geography you want to work in?
3. How much money are you willing to spend?

An answer to these questions will help you with a short list

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ankurpramod » Sun May 08, 2016 2:29 am
OptimusPrep wrote:

My Profile:

You have an interesting work experience that is completely difference from other Indian candidates (who are mostly from IT). This should definitely give you an edge.

Having said that, I would recommend you to retake the GMAT if you want to crack a great school.

Selection of schools depends on a lot of factors:

1. What is your long term/short term goal?
2. Which geography you want to work in?
3. How much money are you willing to spend?

An answer to these questions will help you with a short list
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Please find below the answers to the questions you've asked.

1. What is your long term/short term goal? - I'm looking for an MBA (General Management) with a specialization later towards the Marketing/Sports Management domain.

2. Which geography you want to work in? - Post MBA, I'm looking to work/settle in either Asia or Europe.

3. How much money are you willing to spend - It's open. Am willing to spend an average amount. Not too much though.

Also, on a related note, would like to know your thoughts on Amsterdam Business School and whether it is a good option for me. I would like to know how the placements for that college are as I intend to settle in the Netherlands after I finish my MBA.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Ankur

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun May 08, 2016 4:03 am

My Profile:

Hi Ankur,
610 is below average score for most of decent schools in Asia and Europe. Try to retake GMAT and work on your verbal part to increase your score to minimum 650. Since you have diverse profile and 5 years solid work experience it will surely boost your chances. You can apply to schools like Singapore Management University, NUS,NTU,HKU,ISB in Asia and HEC Paris, St.Gallen, IE, Manheim, HHL Leipzig, Rotterdam School of Management, Copenhagen Business school in Europe. For further assessment try our Chance of B-school tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/mJ3AhG

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]