INCIDENCE 207810934 - No resolution yet(20 days)

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,

This is with reference to incidence number 207810934 raised by proctor at Pearson center.

I appeared for the GMAT exam on 13 April 2016 at 1.00 PM at
PEARSON PROFESSIONAL CENTERS-MUMBAI , BUILDING NO.9, 1ST FLOOR , SOLITAIRE CORPORATE PARK,167, ANDHERI, J B NAGAR LINK RD,CHAKALA,ANDHERI(EAST), MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA 400093, INDIA

Incidence description :

During the Quantitative section, on question 32 when I selected an answer choice and clicked on Next, the exam gave me me the message "You cannot continue without answering the question". I tried multiple times to submit the answer but it gave me the same prompt. After few attempts the exam progressed. Again at question 35, I faced the same issue. As I was running out of time, I raised my hand and signaled the proctor to show her the problem.

The proctor arrived and she also witnessed the problem, where even after selecting an answer, the exam was not allowing to confirm/submit an answer. At this moment the quantitative section timed out.

The proctor asked me to step out of the exam hall. She confirmed that she witnessed the issue and that she will file an incidence report. I asked if I could abort the exam but the proctor insisted that I should continue the exam. TO RESPECT GMAC, PEARSON POLICIES AND THE PROCTOR'S DECISION I CONTINUED WITH EXAM.

At this moment, I was terribly disturbed, anxious and stressed over the issue and uncertainty of the exam. Around 3-4 minutes of my break time was used for the discussion of the issue with the proctor. As a result of this, I could hardly focus on the verbal section. This resulted in a very poor performance.

At the end the exam, I cancelled the test scores as I felt that the exam attempt was unfair. The proctor told me that they have raised the incidence and assured me that the details of the incidence have been filed and that I am likely to get a re-schedule. It was a terrible exam experience.

Review response :

When I contacted customer service through phone, on 13th April and 19th April 2016 to get an update on the incidence, I was told that the issue has been raised and that the exam is under review.

On 24th April 2016, I was informed through an email that there was no exam error or time loss and all items were presented and recorded.

THIS REVIEW OUTCOME IS INCORRECT AS I DID NOT GET AN OPPORTUNITY TO ANSWER QUANTITATIVE SECTION QUESTIONS 35, 36 and 37. THERE WAS TIME LOSS TO DISPLAY THE ISSUE TO PROCTOR AND IN VARIOUS UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS TO SUBMIT ANSWERS.

RESOLUTION request :

I sincerely request you to please CANCEL / DELETE this exam attempt and provide me with a new attempt.

I am willing to pay for the RE-SCHEDULED exam.

I wish to apply to business schools soon. I will lose considerable amount of time during this period.

PLEASE PROVIDE ME JUSTICE FOR THIS AND ALLOW ME TO ATTEMPT THE EXAM AGAIN AT THE EARLIEST. I AM BEARING THE CONSEQUENCES OF A FAULT WHICH WAS NOT IN MY CONTROL.

Please do the needful and please provide allow me to schedule the GMAT exam at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Shirole
Senior Project Manager
Originet Technologies Limited
Ph.: 9029472716

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon May 02, 2016 1:37 pm
Akshay2488 wrote:Hello,

This is with reference to incidence number 207810934 raised by proctor at Pearson center.

PEARSON PROFESSIONAL CENTERS-MUMBAI , BUILDING NO.9, 1ST FLOOR , SOLITAIRE CORPORATE PARK,167, ANDHERI, J B NAGAR LINK RD,CHAKALA,ANDHERI(EAST), MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA 400093, INDIA

Incidence description :

During the Quantitative section, on question 32 when I selected an answer choice and clicked on Next, the exam gave me me the message "You cannot continue without answering the question". I tried multiple times to submit the answer but it gave me the same prompt. After few attempts the exam progressed. Again at question 35, I faced the same issue. As I was running out of time, I raised my hand and signaled the proctor to show her the problem.

The proctor arrived and she also witnessed the problem, where even after selecting an answer, the exam was not allowing to confirm/submit an answer. At this moment the quantitative section timed out.

The proctor asked me to step out of the exam hall. She confirmed that she witnessed the issue and that she will file an incidence report. I asked if I could abort the exam but the proctor insisted that I should continue the exam. TO RESPECT GMAC, PEARSON POLICIES AND THE PROCTOR'S DECISION I CONTINUED WITH EXAM.

At this moment, I was terribly disturbed, anxious and stressed over the issue and uncertainty of the exam. Around 3-4 minutes of my break time was used for the discussion of the issue with the proctor. As a result of this, I could hardly focus on the verbal section. This resulted in a very poor performance.

At the end the exam, I cancelled the test scores as I felt that the exam attempt was unfair. The proctor told me that they have raised the incidence and assured me that the details of the incidence have been filed and that I am likely to get a re-schedule. It was a terrible exam experience.

Review response :

When I contacted customer service through phone, on 13th April and 19th April 2016 to get an update on the incidence, I was told that the issue has been raised and that the exam is under review.

On 24th April 2016, I was informed through an email that there was no exam error or time loss and all items were presented and recorded.

THIS REVIEW OUTCOME IS INCORRECT AS I DID NOT GET AN OPPORTUNITY TO ANSWER QUANTITATIVE SECTION QUESTIONS 35, 36 and 37. THERE WAS TIME LOSS TO DISPLAY THE ISSUE TO PROCTOR AND IN VARIOUS UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS TO SUBMIT ANSWERS.

RESOLUTION request :

I sincerely request you to please CANCEL / DELETE this exam attempt and provide me with a new attempt.

I wish to apply to business schools soon. I will lose considerable amount of time during this period.

PLEASE PROVIDE ME JUSTICE FOR THIS AND ALLOW ME TO ATTEMPT THE EXAM AGAIN AT THE EARLIEST. I AM BEARING THE CONSEQUENCES OF A FAULT WHICH WAS NOT IN MY CONTROL.

Please do the needful and please provide allow me to schedule the GMAT exam at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Shirole
Senior Project Manager
Thank you for reaching out. This issue has been escalated to Pearson VUE.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Legendary Member
Followed by:85 members

by essaysnark » Tue May 03, 2016 5:33 am

Incidence description :

Review response :

RESOLUTION request :

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Shirole
Senior Project Manager
Hey Akshay! What a stressful experience!!! I'm sure Jeremy will help you get a response to your appeal. Just a quick reminder though: Since you say you are OK with paying for your next test, and since it's been 16 days since that original test, you should be able to go ahead and schedule another one. Since you canceled the original scores at the end, then they won't show up on your GMAT score report for the schools so there is no damage done in that regard, and the GMAT policies allow you to retest within 16 days (up to 5 times in one year). Hopefully you've already got that new test date scheduled but if not then we just wanted to encourage you to go for it now! :-D No reason to wait. Good luck on it and we're sure you'll do great the next time!!!

EssaySnark
EssaySnark has MBA application guides for HBS, Stanford, Booth, Wharton, NYU and pretty much any other school you can name - including a fully revised and expanded 2015 Columbia essay guide!
https://essaysnark.com/bookstore/
The Indians' Guide to Getting In maps out everything you need to evaluate your own profile and select your schools. https://essaysnark.com/ssguide/quicksnar ... ans-guide/
MILITARY CANDIDATES! We've got some pro bono offers just for you: https://essaysnark.com/military-mba/
Follow EssaySnark on Twitter!

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Wed May 04, 2016 7:23 am
OfficialGMAT wrote:

Incidence description :

Review response :

RESOLUTION request :

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Shirole
Senior Project Manager
Thank you for reaching out. This issue has been escalated to Pearson VUE.
Hello Akshay,

We have followed up with Pearson VUE. They let us know that they sent you a message regarding the test center incident on May 3. If you have any further questions or concerns to respond to their email.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Akshay2488 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 pm
Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for the reply and efforts.

I am sorry to say this but I have not received any mail from Pearson/Gmac. (checked all my mailboxes)

Last I received a mail from a Program coordinator on 29th April 2016 (7 days back) saying :

"We would like to inform you that your case is being investigated further. However, it will take additional time. Unfortunately, we cannot estimate how long the investigation will take."

I have not received any update since then.

However, I called the customer care center to get an update just now. They informed me the same, that you will have to wait.

Jeremy, I wish to give the test soon and get my scores so that I can start working on applications. I had taken a leave from my workplace to appear for the test and work on applications. This incidence is costing me precious time and money.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Shirole

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 am
Akshay2488 wrote:Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for the reply and efforts.

I am sorry to say this but I have not received any mail from Pearson/Gmac. (checked all my mailboxes)

Last I received a mail from a Program coordinator on 29th April 2016 (7 days back) saying :

"We would like to inform you that your case is being investigated further. However, it will take additional time. Unfortunately, we cannot estimate how long the investigation will take."

I have not received any update since then.

However, I called the customer care center to get an update just now. They informed me the same, that you will have to wait.

Jeremy, I wish to give the test soon and get my scores so that I can start working on applications. I had taken a leave from my workplace to appear for the test and work on applications. This incidence is costing me precious time and money.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Shirole
Thank you for letting us know. We'll follow up on our side to see if we can get additional information on this.
Leah