Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

profiles evaluation.

by Dhiyanesh1234 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:57 am
Hi,

Can you evaluate my profile

X -90.2%
XII -96%
B.Tech -8.97 cgpa from a tier 1 college

I have got best student award in my college. I have also been in many management position during my college tenure.

I also have a work experience of 2 years in design field.

Am yet to take GMAT. What GMAT score can fetch me a good college ?

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionKate » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:01 am
Hi,
Your GPA is really strong so that's great. B-schools will look at post-college work experience and 2 years is just a bit on the low end -- are you planning to apply this year? If so that could be an issue. If next year, then that should be fine. That would also give you more time to prep for the GMAT too.
As far as GMAT scores, it depends on what you mean by "good" but generally we like to see at least a 35 verbal and at least a 47 quant score to demonstrate competence and anything above that can help a lot. If you're on the lower end of experience, I think you should aim to have a GMAT that is right at or just slightly above the median for your target schools (all schools publish this). Let me know if you have any other questions!
Kate

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Dhiyanesh » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:14 am
Apart from my two years of experience after graduation, I have 3.5 years of industrial experience as a part of collaborative education program during my college years with one of largest automobile manufacturing companies. I am the only under graduate who made it to the Centre of Excellence team in the company I work. I have attended many behavioral programs ranging from Emotional Intelligence to People Leadership. I was the best outstanding student of the local IEEE chapter. I was also nominated as the only student member to the academic council of the Tier-I institute. I was the Joint Secretary of IEEE chapter of my college and was later elevated to the Vice-Chairman of the IEEE chapter. I was the Training & Placement representative of the college. I was the Implementation Team leader of a project group of 12 in Micro-grid project during my college. Organized paper presentation contests in the Technical festival conducted & Blood donation camps in the college. I am in the Board of a private charitable trust.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionKate » Sun May 01, 2016 9:32 am
That's great. While b-schools typically only "count" post-college months of experience, I think they will still consider your experience during college. Great to have extracurricular involvement too! Good luck with the GMAT! I still think getting a high score will be important.

Kate
Dhiyanesh wrote:Apart from my two years of experience after graduation, I have 3.5 years of industrial experience as a part of collaborative education program during my college years with one of largest automobile manufacturing companies. I am the only under graduate who made it to the Centre of Excellence team in the company I work. I have attended many behavioral programs ranging from Emotional Intelligence to People Leadership. I was the best outstanding student of the local IEEE chapter. I was also nominated as the only student member to the academic council of the Tier-I institute. I was the Joint Secretary of IEEE chapter of my college and was later elevated to the Vice-Chairman of the IEEE chapter. I was the Training & Placement representative of the college. I was the Implementation Team leader of a project group of 12 in Micro-grid project during my college. Organized paper presentation contests in the Technical festival conducted & Blood donation camps in the college. I am in the Board of a private charitable trust.