How to Improve the Reading Comprehension

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

How to Improve the Reading Comprehension

by zoe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 pm
Dear test makers,
I have a big problem on reading comprehension, here are two big issues:

1) time pressure and accuracy rate
I timed the section RC, normally I will need 30-40min to finish a passage, and choose 0 ~ 1 correct answer per passage.

2) always misunderstanding
I found I always made a big misunderstand, that's why I spend lots time to reread and hesitate which answer should choose.
sometimes I think I got the idea of the passage, unfortunately, failed to choose the correct answer.

is there anyone propose:
how to improve my reading ability to keep 75%+ accuracy rate in 2 months for Chinese.
finish a passage within a required time and high accuracy rate

Appreciate!!

have a nice day

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:23 pm
zoe wrote:Dear test makers,
I have a big problem on reading comprehension, here are two big issues:

1) time pressure and accuracy rate
I timed the section RC, normally I will need 30-40min to finish a passage, and choose 0 ~ 1 correct answer per passage.

2) always misunderstanding
I found I always made a big misunderstand, that's why I spend lots time to reread and hesitate which answer should choose.
sometimes I think I got the idea of the passage, unfortunately, failed to choose the correct answer.

is there anyone propose:
how to improve my reading ability to keep 75%+ accuracy rate in 2 months for Chinese.
finish a passage within a required time and high accuracy rate

Appreciate!!

have a nice day
Hello,

The best way to prepare is to practice until you feel comfortable with the material. There are really no tricks or shortcuts, just repetition, study and practice. We offer many verbal preparation materials here: https://www.mba.com/store. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!