GMAT Test Center Review

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Test Center Review

by Siddharth Bhadoria » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:34 am
Hi Friends,

I am planning to appear for my GMAT next month. Would really appreciate if anyone could review the two test centers at Mumbai:
1. Pearson Professional Centers, Andheri
2. Think Education Advisory Services, New Marine Lines

I definitely would have preferred the older center in andheri but due to unavailability of dates might have to go for the new center established in New Marine Lines. Please let me know if anyone of you have taken the test at New Marine Lines center.

Thanks and Regards,
Siddharth

Followed by:1 members

by determinatio » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:09 am
Hey Siddharth

How was your experience at the Marine Lines test center? I am also planning to take the test there.

Thanks
Parul

by Manu1221 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:58 am
Hi, Can anyone pls review the Marine Lines center. There are exceptional number of seats available in this center when the only other center at Andheri, Mumbai is full for weeks on all good dates.

by vs_vikassharma » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:19 am
even i feel the same..a number of slots available at marine lines centre. so wanted to see the revies, but none available

by vs_vikassharma » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:21 am
even i feel the same..a number of slots available at marine lines centre. so wanted to see the revies, but none available

by Manu1221 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:24 am
vs_vikassharma wrote:even i feel the same..a number of slots available at marine lines centre. so wanted to see the revies, but none available
I TOOK MY GMAT AT THE marine lines Centre on Sept 3,2016. The Centre is quite small with only 6 seats available. The attitude of the Centre in charge was quite casual. We arrived 30 min before our appointment but he asked us to wait outside the Centre as the cleaner was supposed to come and clean the center. He said that 9 o clock appointment does not necessarily mean you have to login at 9 am. The test is going to give you your scheduled time once logged in. (all official communications from gmac state that your appointment shall be canceled if you reach the test Centre more than 15 min late) once the test started he was very prompt and helpful. However, we had three workstation empty at 9 o clock which got filled by 11 am as per scheduled appointments. Given that there are only 6 workstations the disturbance was not much. However, it must be noted that the voices of students entering and completing the registration for there appointment could be heard from outside, hence, the room was not sound proof.

There were server issues during the test which led to an unwarranted obstruction, however, I switched to a different system which started my clock from the very minute the system crashed so l did not loose time but had to spend 2 min extra to read the question again before I answered. Server failure and noise are very common feed back for this Centre. Do avoid this central if you can, however, do not stress too much if you have already booked your appointment. None of the others faced such issues. Hope this helps.

by vs_vikassharma » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:50 pm
no options but to take the test at marine lines centre. andheri centre is full for teh dates i want.
i gues cotton plugs will have to be used there and rest depends upon luck. hope there are no server issues.
thanks for the detailed reponse.