Good site for MBA interview prep

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Good site for MBA interview prep

by ryanhaus » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:25 am
Hey, all,

For those of you with MBA interviews on the horizon...

https://www.behaviorals.com/mba.html

Hope this helps!
:D

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:05 pm
Just wrote a blog post that some might find interesting on interviews....
The Four Toughest Interview Questions
As many applicants are in the thick of business school interviews, it's a good time to discuss some of the toughest interview questions I've heard from students and the best ways to answer them. It's important to note that while a question might seem really difficult to answer, very often the interviewer is asking it to see how you act under pressure, as much to get to know you and your qualifications. So no matter how difficult the question might seem, it's important not to be flustered and stammer your way through an answer. Therefore, be sure to practice answers to these questions and many more so that you are well prepared on the day of your interview for anything the interviewer might throw your way.
"Tell me About Yourself."
Typically the first question you'll get asked is this seemingly straightforward one. However, it is tricky in a subtle way. Typically I advise students to not give your life story here. The fact that you rode horses growing up does not seem all that relevant to your business school application. Therefore, my recommendation is to begin toward the end of your undergraduate career. Then walk the interviewer through each major career progression. For example, "after school I went to company x and got the chance to do a, b, c. However I wanted to get the chance to do d, so I went to company y..." and so on.
"What other schools are you applying to?"
Once again, a question that doesn't seem difficult, but could be tricky. I like to tell applicants that they should mention two to three peer schools of the school you are interviewing with. If you are applying to ten different schools, I would keep that information to yourself since it could make you look desperate. Also, if you are applying to school ranked in the top 25, I wouldn't list off a bunch of schools in the top five, it could make it look like this school is your safety school.
"What's your Greatest Weakness?"
Probably everyone's toughest question. Do you try the old trick of stating a weakness that is really a strength? Hint, "I work too hard," is not a weakness. Your interviewer will see right through that. My suggestion is to give a legitimate weakness, but most importantly, pivot quickly to how you are improving on that weakness. For example, "my greatest weakness is that I'm not a very strong people manager yet. To improve on this I've looked for volunteer opportunities where I can practice my leadership skills in a low risk environment. I've now learned that to be a great manager I need stronger empathy and I look forward to continue to develop on this in business school."
"Why Should we Admit You?"
Now is not the time to be cocky or funny, with a glib "why wouldn't you admit me?" Simply running through your qualifications again in a sincere manner will be a perfectly sufficient and strong answer.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:37 am
Another great source is this page with a long list of common MBA interview questions: https://aringo.com/interview-common-questions/