admission in b schools

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

admission in b schools

by parmeet singh » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:17 am
hi is any please help me to know that gpa matters for admissin in top B schools

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:13 pm
Hi parmeet singh,

Every Business School has its own process for evaluating applicants - however, common aspects of the application include GMAT score, GPA, Work Experience, Essays, Letters of Recommendation, (sometimes) an interview and the overall application itself.

GPA tends to play more of a role when an applicant has little Work Experience. GPA can also play a big role if there's some question as to whether the applicant will have trouble handling the MBA course studies.

1) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
2) When are you planning to apply?
3) Do you have a concern about your GPA? What is your GPA?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by parmeet singh » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:23 pm
schools like london business school,harvard,insead,Columbia Business School,Ceibs,Yale . im planning to apply after years.yes i have concern about my gpa . till now my GPA is 2.45/4.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:33 pm
Hi parmeet singh,

Are you currently still in School or have you already graduated? I ask because certain Schools will allow you to retake classes (so that you can improve your grade and GPA). You could also take new classes (as part of an 'Extension' Program) - if you were to earn high grades in classes that Business Schools find relevant (such as Calculus or Statistics), then you might also be able to improve your overall profile.

Since you've named some highly competitive Schools, you really have to make sure that every aspect of your profile is as strong as you can make it. If you can't improve your GPA, then you should try to improve the other aspects of your application (so that those aspects overcompensate for your GPA).

You might also want to post your questions to the Admissions Experts in their Forum:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

Rich

by parmeet singh » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:16 am
im still studying .sir,i wanted what are the things i needed to get in these colleges what should be there in my application and how gmat score is needed.

by parmeet singh » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:24 am
sir how to achieve high scores in gmat

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 pm
Hi parmeet singh,

Applying to Business School is a rather specific process. Since it sounds like you want to know more about those specifics, and you likely have questions about your exact situation, you really should post your questions to the Admissions Experts in their Forum:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

If you're not planning to apply to Business School for at least a couple of years, then you have plenty of time to study for the GMAT. Have you taken any practice CAT Tests yet? If you have, then how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Rich