Profile evaluation - GMAT 700

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation - GMAT 700

by gmatbest800 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:23 pm
1.Undergraduate School - National Institute of Technology, Surat
2.Undergraduate grade - First class, 66.1% (Highest 72%)
3.GMAT - 700 ; Verbal - 36 (80%), Quant 49 (78%), AWA 4 , IR 2
4.Full time Work-experience - 13 years 7 months
5.Current Company and role- Multinational Semicodcutor/Telecom mobile company; Internet of Things and Mobile Software Lead
6.Professional Goals- Become a CEO in a large company and then later setting up my own company
7.Target schools- Wharton, Darden, Stanford, Harvard, Berkley Haas,Tepper, Yale with Scholarship
8.Intended specialization -Entrepreneur,Strategy

I intend to do 1 year Full time MBA rather than Part time or Executive MBA (which are not full time).
Please recommend whether the score is suitable for the colleges mentioned.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:49 am
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your information with us. If your goal is to finish an MBA within one year, you may want to reconsider your target schools as many of them only offer two-year programs. Assuming that you are looking for a full-time, immersive experience I think these target schools are a bit of a stretch when you look at your profile for a couple reasons. First, your GPA and GMAT are below the median. If you've taken the GMAT only once or twice, I encourage you to give it another shot. Second, your work experience is a bit limited. You have less than two years, and while schools are looking for younger candidates these days, you still should still aim to have 2+ years (or equivalent) of experience. If you think your experiences have given you more opportunities than the average person due to additional projects or leadership opportunities, you may have a case there. Your goal is way too broad. Think of your application as a vehicle to convince the AdComm that an MBA at your program is absolutely vital for you to reach your short and long term goals. To do this, you must be specific in what you ultimately want to do and how an MBA is going to help you get there.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to check out our free resources to get you started. Best of luck this season!
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!