GMAT 640, 5 years work experience, targeting McDonough

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi team

Appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile below:
1. Female from India with 5 years of work experience in top Investment banks (J.P.Morgan latest) in the financial services sector.
2. GMAT: 640 (73%) Quant : 42 (57%) , Verb: 35 (74%), A.W : 4.5 (39%)
3. B.Com with majors in Accounting and Finance from University of Mumbai.
Year 1: 73%, Year 2: 71%, Year 3: 81.75%. (above 90% in the calculus and statistic courses)
4. Volunteered with an NGO for approx 6 months , participated in extra curriculars at work, trekking is a hobby and have covered 2 major peaks along with other small ones, amateur chef.
5. CFA level 1 candidate in June 2016
6. Career shift to consulting ( learned after handling various projects at work that I had an inclination towards consulting)

Target School is McDonough.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:40 am
while your experience appears to be decent you will likely have a couple of challenges for the application. Your GMAT score is below average for the school, so this might cause some concern; you also want to make sure McDonough will accept your 3 year degree (they might, I just don't know, some schools do not consider the B.Com equivalent to a US 4 year degree.) cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by PNS » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:51 am
Thanks Alex!

Agree that my GMAT score is at the lower side. I have won awards at work for my contribution and also expect a strong recommendation letter.
I called up Georgetown and they have confirmed that they will accept my 3 year undergrad since WES considers it equivalent to a US 4 year degree.

Do you think the work exp, the recommendation and the undergrad scores together can outweigh my low GMAT scores?
OR, does retaking the GMAT seem like a more logical option?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:32 am
IF you think you can improve your GMAT, in time to submit the application, then I think it would be a smart thing to do. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/