EMBA without GMAT

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

EMBA without GMAT

by devilzsoul » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:48 pm
Hello,

A bit about me, I am 37 years old. I have Masters in IT, Bachelors in Comp Sci. Been working for almost 17 years in Telecommunication, Tech and Management Consulting industries - during this time, I have contributed individually, managed projects as large as 160 Million USD, created use case studies and have pitched business and ideas to some of the most powerful business executives. I have been contributing to many Non Profits and also volunteering individually as well.

I recently have started looking into MBA and have found that EMBA is probably my best bet.

The issue at hand is that I am working anywhere between 80-100 hours and with that sort of working hours. I am finding it hard to do GMAT. I took a prep test without studying and scored 540 - but I am sure that scoring anything beyond 700+ will take a lot of effort, and I don't have enough time to do so.

So I am considering EMBA programs in USA or Outside USA that has very good ranking but don't ask for GMAT as a pre-requisite. I was hoping to get your feedback on the following questions

1 - What are the top EMBA programs without GMAT. Where can I get the list
2 - Is it a good idea to meet the admission office 1 on 1 and present my case
3 - What should I focus on to strengthen my application if I am not able to get my GMAT prep on the track.
4- Any other advice that you can provide will be helpful

Regards

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Americano » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 pm
Well you should check out the Executive MBA rankings (just do a quick Google search for FT EMBA rankings), and then explore the programs' websites and see which one offers the best package for you, in terms of curriculum, faculty, facilities, culture, alumni network, brand, career services, city experience ...etc. It would be good if you visited the campuses as well and attend a sample class and network with current students and pose your questions.

Now I have a question for you: how come you're working 100 hours per week? That's not even healthy!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:35 am
devilzsoul wrote:Hello,

A bit about me, I am 37 years old. I have Masters in IT, Bachelors in Comp Sci. Been working for almost 17 years in Telecommunication, Tech and Management Consulting industries - during this time, I have contributed individually, managed projects as large as 160 Million USD, created use case studies and have pitched business and ideas to some of the most powerful business executives. I have been contributing to many Non Profits and also volunteering individually as well.

I recently have started looking into MBA and have found that EMBA is probably my best bet.

The issue at hand is that I am working anywhere between 80-100 hours and with that sort of working hours. I am finding it hard to do GMAT. I took a prep test without studying and scored 540 - but I am sure that scoring anything beyond 700+ will take a lot of effort, and I don't have enough time to do so.

So I am considering EMBA programs in USA or Outside USA that has very good ranking but don't ask for GMAT as a pre-requisite. I was hoping to get your feedback on the following questions

1 - What are the top EMBA programs without GMAT. Where can I get the list
2 - Is it a good idea to meet the admission office 1 on 1 and present my case
3 - What should I focus on to strengthen my application if I am not able to get my GMAT prep on the track.
4- Any other advice that you can provide will be helpful

Regards
Hi there,
You can find here a list of MBA and EMBA programs that don't require GMAT:
https://aringo.com/mba-without-gmat/

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:43 am
That is a helpful list. Thanks.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.