doubt SC A 5

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

doubt SC A 5

by aditya8062 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:42 pm
Interventional radiology is used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes it possible for physicians trained as radiologists to perform procedures that would otherwise have taken years of surgical training.

A radiology is used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes

B radiology, used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes

C radiology, used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, making

D radiology is used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, making

E radiology, used for procedures like angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes

my concern: what is preventing me to view option A as a kind of PARALLELISM by which we are trying to state 4 ATTRIBUTES about "Interventional radiology"

Thanks

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 pm
aditya8062 wrote:Interventional radiology is used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes it possible for physicians trained as radiologists to perform procedures that would otherwise have taken years of surgical training.

A radiology is used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes

B radiology, used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes

C radiology, used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, making

D radiology is used for procedures such as angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, making

E radiology, used for procedures like angiogram, enables minimally invasive surgery, reduces patient healing time, and makes

my concern: what is preventing me to view option A as a kind of PARALLELISM by which we are trying to state 4 ATTRIBUTES about "Interventional radiology"

Thanks
A: is used for procedures, enables minimally invasive surgery
Here, for procedures serves as an ADVERB modifying is used, while minimally invasive surgery serves as the DIRECT OBJECT of enables.
is used for procedures (verb + adverb) and enables minimally invasive surgery (verb + direct object) are not parallel forms.

to enable X means to make X able to do something.
In this SC, radiology enables minimally invasive surgery implies that radiology makes minimally invasive surgery ABLE to do something.
Not the intended meaning.
The intended meaning is that radiology makes minimally invasive surgery POSSIBLE.

Ignore this SC.
What is the source?
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aditya8062 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:27 pm
Good Day Guru
the source is E gmat . the proclaimed answer is B . but i guess even B is now wrong
thanks