Gmat Retake? 710 Q:42 V:45

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gmat Retake? 710 Q:42 V:45

by Charlie142536 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:51 pm
Hello:

I recently took the gmat and scored a 710 (Q:42 V:45 IR:8). This was my third official attempt, and I was happy to break 700 but my concern is with my Quant score of 42. A few days earlier I took a GMAC test and scored a 710 with a Q:47 and V:41. Quant is absolutely the challenging section for me, and I do not come from a strong math career background. However, I studied Economics in undergrad at NYU and had a 3.73 GPA.

I am wondering if I should take the gmat again to try to improve my Quant score? Alternatively I wonder if I should take a math oriented course to try to boost my application profile? I would like to apply to top schools in round 2, so time is also a factor. I'm also interested in a career in consulting post-mba so would like to have a gmat score that would be competitive for this. Would love any feedback, thank you in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:31 am
Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry! Given that you've taken the test three times already, I thinks it's safe to say you've done what you could there. You have a great GPA from a top school with a rigorous major. Taking 1-2 courses on the side and doing well in them is another excellent way to demonstrate your commitment as well as your ability to handle the rigorous course load of some of the more analytical MBA classes. Many consulting firms also consider your GMAT, and while higher the better, a 710 puts you in the conversation almost anywhere.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to check out our free resources to get you started for your R2 preparation. Best of luck this season!
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!