Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Please Evaluate my Profile

by Mzxcv » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 am
Age - 30
Degree - Mechanical Engineer
Nationality - India
GPA - 3.3
Experience - 7.5 years ( 4.5 yrs GE - Turbine Design, 3 yrs Black & Veatch - Technology Consulting)
GMAT Score - 660

I was a Part of GE Edison Program - A 2 year intensive leadership program for Engineering Graduates.
I am a Mechanical Engineer primarily serving the Technical Assessments / Technical Due Diligence group within Black & Veatch Energy .I have experience with fossil-fueled power plants in various roles: high-level studies, conceptual engineering design, detailed design, Owner's engineer, and field support.

Co- curricular activities - Toastmaster - President of the Club - District 41 finalist for Speech Evaluation Contest and Division Finalist for Humorous speech contest.

Reason for MBA - Fast career progress in the same domain.Use MBA to acquire business skills, which along with my domain expertise will help me progress in my career relatively faster.

Schools Interested :INSEAD, HEC PARIS, NUS, DUKE-FUQUA, HAAS

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:42 pm
it seems you are a little further on in your career and your goals are to remain within your industry. Have you considered executive MBA programs? Are any exec or part time programs, with strong reputations, in close proximity to where you work? If so, that may be a good route to go. If not, your experience looks solid for the schools you are considering, but your GMAT may hold you back, especially as you are part of the most competitive group of candidates applying to the MBA. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/