Need help urgently

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need help urgently

by senthil681972 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 am
About ten days back I started preparing for my Gmat. I have taken three practice exams so far. I have scored a high of 640 with a low of 520 with an average of 560 on 3 different courses. I am pretty much disappointed with the variation I have got. Could you kindly suggest me a strategy. I am definitely studying according to 60 day BTG plan and I need to take Gmat by 1st week of December 2015 can any one suggest me suitable strategy for me to score consistently and get to 700 plus on the big day. I am planning to spend around 6 hours of study every day.
Thanks . Your help will be very much appreciated. :cry:

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:27 am
The scores on your first few practice tests aren't necessarily great indicators of whether your prep has been effective. The deeper issue is whether you feel as though you're cultivating effective strategies for grappling with GMAT problems. When you work through quant questions, for example, do you feel as though you're grinding through a lot of tedious calculations, or are you effectively using strategies, such as back-solving and number-picking? When you evaluate sentence correction problems, do you remember to consider logic and meaning in addition to elements like parallel construction, modifier placement, etc.? When taking exams do you have effective strategies for dealing with timing issues, should they arise? If the answer to any such questions is "no" you'll want to address those issues before taking another practice exam. If you feel as though you are internalizing effective strategies, then keep going through the 60-day plan, make notes to yourself about what you can improve, and expect that, in time, you'll start to see greater consistency on your practice exams. In the meantime, make sure you're thoroughly dissecting all old practice tests - anything that isn't 100% clear, post here.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course