Need help urgently

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need help urgently

by senthil681972 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 am
About ten days back I started preparing for my Gmat. I have taken three practice exams so far. I have scored a high of 640 with a low of 520 with an average of 560 on 3 different courses. I am pretty much disappointed with the variation I have got. Could you kindly suggest me a strategy. I am definitely studying according to 60 day BTG plan and I need to take Gmat by 1st week of December 2015 can any one suggest me suitable strategy for me to score consistently and get to 700 plus on the big day. I am planning to spend around 6 hours of study every day.
Thanks . Your help will be very much appreciated. :cry:

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:52 am
There are a lot of variables to consider in this:

What were your scores for each section?
Did you finish each section? If not, how many questions did you not answer for each section?
Which exams were these?

Let's start there...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by senthil681972 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 am
Hi Jim, thanks,
Here are details
Day 1 of knowing about and registering for GMAT: 14/10
Test 1 GMAT Prep Quant -44, Verbal -19, Score 520 on 19/10
Test 2 Platinum GMAT Quant-48 Verbal -29 Score-640 on 23/10
Test 3 Economist Quant-44, Verbal -21 Score-530 on 26/10
All these tests were taken under near to test conditions with 8 min break. I had finished both the sections in all the tests though occasionally in math I had to hurry up on the last questions

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:55 am
Hi senthil681972,

First off, you've been studying for less than 2 weeks, so you shouldn't expect to be an expert (or consistent) just yet. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) on their studies before they hit their 'peak scores', so it's highly likely that you just have not put in enough time and effort yet. Based on the data that you've provided, I have to assume that your current skills would earn you a score in the low 500s on the Official GMAT.

Taking 3 CATs in the span of 1 week was NOT a good idea. As a general rule, you should take one FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) every 1-2 weeks. The bulk of your time should be spent on studying, learning/practicing Tactics, review, etc.

With a tentative Test Date in early December, you have about 5-6 weeks of study time remaining, which might not be enough time for you to hit your score goals.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) Do you know which Schools you plan to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]