Let's Develop the Holy Grail for Beating the GMAT!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hey Guys, I've been struggling with this exam for 3 years now. I submitted my application to an Ivy League B-School for the EMBA program, with my score of 460 (27V-(45%), 27Q-(16%).

The good news:
1.) The school I have applied to has unofficially accepted me as a prospective student with a big caveat

The not so good news:
1.) I need to increase my score from 460 to 600+ (I have a huge uphill battle here)

I struggle with the quant portion but notice that there are a lot of repetitive themes. For example, I've noticed whenever there is an exponent, it is advisable to convert 5^3 to 5^1 * 5^1 * 5^1. This is one pattern I have recognized. Basically, if you are faced with an exponent question, you can destroy it by breaking it down into its basic components or prime factors

Another pattern I recognized is when you do something to one side of the equation, you do it to the other

Side note: (I don't quite fully understand the why behind this and need a better understanding, does anyone have a good answer?)

I've also noticed their obsession with difference of squares

I feel that I am not very smart to find all the ways that these test makers try to screw you, so I wanted to reach out to the group and see what other common themes are found on both the verbal and quant portion.

If you have found other patterns between questions that can help crush many questions with the same strategies, please provide the pattern information below and the fundamentals that we should study in order to see the same opportunities..

Let the tallying begin!