Tough Comparision

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Tough Comparision

by Neilsheth2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:30 am
The manager at the office supply store believes that the new CLP-300 laserjet printer will be used more as a replacement for printers in small offices and libraries rather than for high quality and feature-packed machines in large company settings because its noise emission, only 43 decibels, is far less than most other laserjet printers, which make about 50 decibels of noise each.

(A) more as a replacement for printers in small offices and libraries rather than for high quality and feature-packed machines in large company settings because its noise emission, only 43 decibels, is far less than

(B) more as a replacement for printers in small offices and libraries than high quality and feature-packed machines in large company settings because it emits only 43 decibels of noise, far quieter than

(C) as a replacement for printers in small offices and libraries more than for high quality and feature-packed machines in large company settings because it emits only 43 decibels of noise, far less than

(D) as a replacement for printers in small offices and libraries more than high quality and feature-packed machines in large company settings because its noise emission of only 43 decibels is far quieter than it is for

(E) as a replacement more for printers in small offices and libraries rather than for high quality and feature-packed machines in large company settings because its noise emission, only 43 decibels, is far less than it is for

B

Could some one pls help Why is the answer B . The Word AS is clearly missing after THAN.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:04 am
Ignore this SC.
It does not have a viable answer choice.
Instead, study the official SC on which the SC above is based:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/united-state ... 92824.html
The SC from GMAC has a clear OA.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3