Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:720

Profile Evaluation

by mosa26 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:14 am
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT - 720 (verbal: 37, Quant: 50, AWA: 4, IR: 4)
GPA - 7.69 (10)

Undergraduate University - Birla Institute of Technology and Science , Pilani.

Major: B.E.(Hons) Computer Science.

Total Work Experience: 27 months

No. of promotions in 2 years: 2

Number of people under supervision: 2

Target Schools:

Cornell, Tuck, Ross, Kenan Flagler, ISB

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:11 pm
the information you provide appears decent, but it lacks knowledge of your goals, Y MBA etc. Also, whether you have participated in volunteer and other XC activities. Assuming those are all well developed, the schools you mention might be appropriate. WE might be on the lighter side, so make sure it makes sense as to "why now" is the right time to pursue an MBA etc. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:05 am
Yup - you've got to share more! When you're looking at MBA programs, your stats are just part of the picture.

So share away!
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:50 am
mosa26 wrote:Hi,

Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT - 720 (verbal: 37, Quant: 50, AWA: 4, IR: 4)
GPA - 7.69 (10)

Undergraduate University - Birla Institute of Technology and Science , Pilani.

Major: B.E.(Hons) Computer Science.

Total Work Experience: 27 months

No. of promotions in 2 years: 2

Number of people under supervision: 2

Target Schools:

Cornell, Tuck, Ross, Kenan Flagler, ISB
Hi,

You have strong GMAT and academics also you have fair chance at target schools if you really work hard on your application essays. What about your extra curricular activities? any achievements or leadership skills, please mention these to assess your profile in detailed way. You can also try your Chances for top B-schools by clicking here https://goo.gl/MJBq1k

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by mosa26 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 am
Thanks a lot for evaluating my profile. At the same time, I am sorry as I was not specific.

Extra curriculars:

Executive Head of Computer Science Department during college: Several initiatives were started by my team during that time.

Head of Short Film making Club in college : Our initiatives and work have been officially recognised by university.

Cofounded two start-ups which are running and had total 4 working employees. Now only my co-founder and a part-time employee is working for them.

Started several initiatives at my work place and currently leading a team of 2 people.

Community Service: Only worked as a volunteer for one year collecting clothes for children.

I want to do MBA in Strategy and Operations management. My short term goal is to work as Business operations Associate in a Internet Services Firm.

One of the reasons for "why now" is I gained a proper understanding of Corporate world (especially Tech Services World) interacting with Project Managers, Marketing teams and other teams across the globe as part of my work in these 2 years. Hailing from tech background, I have less knowledge in finance and general management and I think MBA will help me in gaining necessary knowledge in these fields to achieve my goal of getting a job as Business Operations Associate.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:25 am
it does sound like you have a decent enough profile for the schools you are targeting. Obviously the essays will need to tell your story well, but a nice mix with entrepreneurial activities will be helpful I think. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/