Hello!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hello!

by paynenj » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:21 am
All,
Just wanted to say hello. I started my Veritas Prep class yesterday evening here in Chicago. I've also been 'lurking' on this board for the last 6 months.

Between BTG and Veritas, it seems that my resources are unlimited. Almost overwhelmingly so. Hopefully this post will get me going here, though. I'll also do my best to contribute to the pinned study group above.

Anyways, look forward to working hard alongside you guys. Best of luck to everyone.

NP
Taking the GMAT: November 7th, 2015

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am
Hi paynenj,

With a November 7th Test Date, you have a little less than two months of study time, which means that you'll have to do a lot of work relatively quickly.

These Forums are a great resource to post your questions as well as work through a variety practice problems, so you should take full advantage of the resources.

1) What is your goal score?
2) Have you taken any practice CATs yet (and what were your scores)?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by paynenj » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:19 am
Hi Rich,
Thanks for the reply. I'll answer your questions in order:

1) I would be satisfied with 680-720. So, shooting for 750.

2) Yes. I took a practice CAT earlier this week and scored a 600. That was cold without any studying.

3) I'd like to have my applications in for Round 2 (Plan to submit apps Jan-Feb).

Relative to my peers, I probably have a good bit of time to study. I plan to study between 3-4 hours per day for the next 2 months. Practice problems for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My only fear is burning out - which I definitely don't want to do before my test date. Thus, I'll probably take a at least one day off per week to 'reset'.

NP

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:48 am
Hi NP,

A 600 is a solid 'baseline' CAT score (the average score on the Official GMAT hovers around 540-550 most years). I'm still a bit concerned about the amount of study time that you've given yourself, but we can see how well you progress through the rest of September and October and adjust accordingly. You might end up having to push your Test Date back, but with your implied application deadlines, you should have the flexibility to do so (if needed).

For now, you should stick to your routine (attend class, study, etc.) and plan to take your next FULL-LENGTH CAT in a few weeks.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:16 am
Hey paynenj,

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com