Profile evaluation request. Please suggest some schools(R2)

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Please evaluate my profile and suggest some schools USA and UK for MBA or MS in management.

Nationality: Indian
Expected start date: Fall 2016/Spring 2017

Graduation: Graduated with Bachelor of Engineering degree with majors in electronics and Communications engineering. GPA: 9.78/10

Work experience: 3.2 years in Mobile communications and software development and commercialization in a world renowned consumer electronics company based in Asia.
Strong quantitative, analytical, interpersonal and decision making skills.
Effective team player and led team on need basis.
Module leader in a project.
Mentored interns and new joinees in the team and provided on the job training.
Submitted a technical paper in IEEE conference.
Co-worked with teams in China, India, Vietnam, South Korea, USA and Europe on critical projects.

AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
"¢ Employee of the Month winner (Twice)
"¢ Silver medal for securing second highest marks in Electronics and Communications Engineering in the class of 2012;
"¢ Distinction Certificate in Carnatic Classical music junior level from Karnataka State Government.
"¢ Secured the highest score in India for Kannada Literature in the class 10 CBSE Board exams, 2006.

Extra curriculars:
"¢ Trained in Indian Carnatic classical music for 11 years and still learning. Performed with my teacher in two concerts.
"¢ Played keyboard for a professional music group and have performed on various platforms at state level. Performed semi-classical and Indian folk music.
"¢ Participated and won several inter school music competitions.
- Avid traveler having traveled to 17 countries so far.

Goals:
1. Obtain MBA in international management with specializations in strategy, policy and governance.
2. After MBA, I intend to work in International business setup and contribute in strategy and governance.
3. I also intend to do PhD after gaining some work experience. Interested in pursuing research in the field of international business.

GMAT: Yet to take. Expecting a score of around 720

Please suggest some good universities in USA and Europe that are safe bets for Round 2 applications. I have to apply for Fall 2016 due to some family constraints.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:47 am
You've got a lot of great stuff here, but without a GMAT score, it's hard to know what schools would be "safe" for you in the spectrum of top MBA programs. Your international exposure could be a huge asset, especially if you have gone to overseas sites to lead multi-national teams. Post-MBA goals sound a bit vague, so that's also something you'll want to work on.

My recommendation is to get that GMAT out of the way, fly to the US & Europe (depending on the programs you're interested in) to visit each campus first-hand, and then spend November and December cranking out a small but well-targeted number of applications for the second round. While you're connecting with students and admissions people, you'll get a stronger sense of what people with your background typically do in that crucial first step out of the MBA, and that extra knowledge will help you create stronger applications.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me