Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by alexmcnair » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 am
I took the exam on Saturday and scored a 750 (Q47; V46; IR7; don't have AWA yet). I used EMPOWERgmat and highly recommend it to everyone, especially auditory learners. Quant is definitely my weakness and what I mostly focused on but the verbal videos are great too if that's an area of focus. I followed their 2-month study plan and took 7 practice CATS over the course of those 2 months (both from GMAC and 5 of the 6 from Manhattan). EMPOWER has video answer explanations for every single problem in the GMAT Official Guide, which is incredibly helpful.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by oquiella » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 am
Thats Awesome.Do you mind sharing all the scores of you CAt's?

Thank you

by thebestcasescenario » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:01 pm
Congratulations. I'd die if I got that score. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any thoughts as to when I should use the mba.com GMAT prep tests if I follow the plan you used?

by alexmcnair » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 am
I took the one of the mba.com practice tests first and the other one last, with the Manhattan tests in between. They don't have explanations for each answer, but I think they're a better gauge of your score than third party tests. Manhattan has detailed explanations for every question on all of your practice exams. Make sure you look over the ones you got correct instead of just the ones you got wrong, as you may have guessed and gotten lucky.