Please HELP: GMAT 680 NON-TRADITIONAL PROFILE Indian

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello everyone, I am currently in a big dilemma regarding school selection. Please go through my profile and tell me what you think. It will be a huge help and I will really appreciate it.

Nationality - Indian Male, 26 yrs
GMAT - 680
Work Experience: roughly 3 years in Brand Consulting
-----------------------
Bachelors Degree - B.Com 67% (it's a 3 yrs general degree in business and accounting) [2008 - 2011]

2012 - 1 year as a junior staff in Accounts & Strategy department in a Brand Consulting Agency in Mumbai India.

Masters Study - Brand Management and Communications in IED Milano, Italy. [2013-14]

In Italy I did an internship with an Italian Automation MNC and also did project works with Ferrero, Pomellato and Campari.

2014 - Present - Assistant Accounts Manager in the same Brand Consulting Agency.

Possible Recommendations - 1) My current boss (Accounts Manager), 2) CEO of the Italian MNC where I did my internship (it went rather well).

Additional Info - Have some good social work experience (my uni was located in a remote and poverty ridden part of India).
----------------------------

Want to Study - MBA in USA/Europe

Problem - Thanks to the exchange rate, I am broke by western standards. Funding/scholarship is crucial.

Query - Is it possible to get admission in a good MBA program with my profile? Is it possible to get scholarship (significant amount)? I will be happy to take admission in a lower ranked but decent b-school if I get funding.

Please Help!

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:41 am
In my opinion, you'll want to take this on a case by case basis. Apply to schools where your numbers place you above the median, and which have a recorded history of providing financial aid packages to "foreign" students. When you're slightly above their median, schools will often throw a financial incentive to attract you into their program. However, if your GMAT and work experience place you in a "stretch" situation for top MBA programs, there is no particular reason for them to use financial aid as a draw, since they already have many applicants who have higher numbers than you. Some schools that have provided this kind of scholarships to my international clients in the past include Manchester Business School in the UK and Simon GSB in Rochester, NY.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me