MGMAT 6th Edition- Numbers Guide

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MGMAT 6th Edition- Numbers Guide

by sguraba » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:35 am
Hi

I could not get the hard copy for 6th Edition Numbers guide as it was not immediately available. However I had .pdf version for Numbers guide 4th Edition. As I was reading it I found that there was Part 2 which contained advanced level problems.

I have 6th Edition for other topics like Word problems, geometry etc. But I do not see such section as advanced problems. Do earlier editions had these advanced sections and they have been removed in the newer ones-6th edition. Please clarify.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:33 am
Hi sguraba,

I'd like to know a bit more about how you've been studying overall:

1) How long have you been studying?
2) Are you using any resources besides the MGMAT books you mentioned?

3) What is your goal score?
4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

There are LOTS of different resources that you could be using during your studies, so it's possible that the ultimate solution to your situation is to invest in something new.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:10 pm
Rich's post clearly did nothing to answer your question. Next time, you can post directly to the Mprep forum on here.

We've reorganized our strategy guides from the 4th edition to the 6th, so we no longer have the "advanced" sections. We felt that calling certain concepts "advanced" led to some confusion - some students felt that they could skip those chapters, or worse, other students felt that they could skip directly to those chapters! So, we've now divided our strategy guides into content, strategies, and extras.

I would still recommend picking up a copy of the 6th ed. Number Properties, as we've moved certain chapters to that guide that used to be in other guides.

Good luck with your studies!
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education