help for hbs 2+2

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

help for hbs 2+2

by kushalkh » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:15 am
hi
i read all post related to hbs 2+2 and found my self really excited to join the stream.
i am in my 3rd year (5th sem) of engineering (Electronics and telecommunication)
my GPA is 2.51 but the university i am studying in, takes percentages of last four sems ie from 5th to 8th sem as graduation percentage. i will be taking GMAT and TOEFL. my extra curriculum are
1- classical guitar grade 1(London school of music)
2- worked as coordinator in YASH college fest.
3-member of national council for HUMAN RIGHTS
4-representing college in cricket

what are my chances for getting in hbs 2+2.
as i have 1 year left to apply to hbs2+2 , please can you tell me what should i do to have a excellent application
every one around is saying that your application should show some leadership qualities what should i do about this?
leadership in what area?
it also mentioned that internships should be undertaken, so my question is that whether these internships should be technical internships or management internships?
your help would be immensely appreciated !!!
:shock:

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:27 am
The Harvard 2+2 program is fairly new so there is not a lot of data published about its students however your GPA would be considered low for the traditional Harvard MBA. Otherwise, you seem to be the type of student who would be well suited for the program, you are a Junior on a non-business trajectory. Just be sure to keep abreast of the deadlines for the programs because the timeline is pretty structured.

Leadership is not emphasized as a criteria for admission into the 2+2 program. As a matter of fact, individuals with strong leadership experience are advised to apply to the traditional MBA program. I would encourage you to focus on academics in addition to your extracurriculars. If admitted to the 2+2 program you will be expected to perform at HBS standards so you need to demonstrate that you can handle the academic workload.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options