Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile

by gunner1886 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:11 pm
GMAT Score: 700 (Q50, V35)
TOEFL Score: 113
Nationality: Indian

College CGPA: 8.14 (B-Tech Computer Science, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology)

Work Experience: 4 years, Sony India Software Center Pvt. Ltd.

Role: SAP ABAP Consultant

Major Responsibilities:
1. Working as a technical ABAP consultant
2. Responsible for taking the functional requirements from the client and making estimations based on the requirement.
3. Responsible for training any new team members/ freshers in the team.
4. Responsible for submitting any POC or Performance improvement(if any) possible in the current process.
5. In my current project, I am responsible for both the functional and technical support. (Learning functional process related to Sales and Distribution)

Extracurricular Activities and awards(only recent ones):
1. Working for an NGO for the past 1.5 years (Also a part of Sony India's CSR team).
2. Member of the Sony India Running team. Ran 2 half marathons and many 10k races (almost every corporate races and some individual races).
3. Responsible for training the freshers in SAP ABAP (This year I am the PIC for the ABAP Bootcamp starting next month)
4. Participated in every cultural events of Sony, including the Annual Sony Business Meet and won 3-4 team awards ( I was the captain in 2 occasions)
5. Was one of the few freshers to be selected for Mid Range Planning (MRP) -2012 (our topic was implemented and currently active - related to S&M projects)
6. Was a member of the core committee for MRP-2012 which had multiple roles and responsibilities
7. Won 3 awards in the last 4 years( 2 promotions till date).
8. Provided a few idea in Sony India's innovative initiatives
9. Provided idea in ERP initiative/ Zero defect initiative which got selected last week (to be implemented soon)
10. Successfully submitted a POC on SAP Mobility related to Purchase Order process(which was implemented).

My target schools:
1. Duke, Fuqua
2. Yale SOM
3. UNC, KF
4. Michigan, Ross
5. Tuck
6. NUS
7. NTU
8. ISB
9. Indiana-Kelley
10. UCLA-Anderson
11. INSEAD

Please let me know if the above target schools are realistic and please add schools which might be within reach.

Regards,
Ayushman Choudhury

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:32 pm
Ayushman-

You have a good profile, but clearly one that is not all that uncommon in your applicant pool. Good GMAT, good work experience, volunteered at NGOs, leadership etc. all seem to be in order and looks much like other Indian applicants with similar profiles. The key is going to be in how well you write and what kind of fresh spin can you put on what will be perceived on the surface as a "typical" profile. It's in the writing that the "typical" becomes memorable. Try to personalize the application and think about specifically how you are different from someone else with a similar profile. What do you bring to the table that the next guy does not? If you think this way and demonstrate passion and a clear vision for your future which connects to your prior experience and acheivements, you could have a shot at any school on your target list.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options