Profile evaluation & B School Recommendations

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
HI
I am 9 years experienced Indian IT Program Manager and am planning to pursue MBA in next couple of years. I am looking for a good B School to pursue MBA. I am planning to take GMAT in a month and would like to know which colleges to apply and the average GMAT scores required. I have IIM (A & B) currently in mind but am open for other colleges options (Indian or International). Could you please recommend ?

Please find below my profile snapshot. Can you also suggest anything I need to improve on the same

- Experienced IT Manager of about 6+ years of leadership roles like - Program Manager, Project Manager, Engagement Manager
- IT Strategist and consultant working in a Large Indian MNC for an European customer.
- Managed large teams in different geographies (UK & India) with different cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Early Adopter of new technologies and trends. Helped customers to adopt the same by setting up COE's for SMAC technologies
- Experience in Sales, Pre-Sales & Solution Design.
- International Experience of about 5+ years

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:35 am
Thanks for sharing your profile. You're going to share a bit more information before I can truly help out with recommendations but I will say your GMAT/GPA score will heavily factor in when programs review your application. Coming from a very competitive applicant pool (indian male) you should plan on exceeding average scores at your target schools. Also, as you work to identify target programs these should align with your personal and professional development goals.

Now being qualified on paper is one thing but standing out in the process is another, so you want to work to identify elements of your profile that shine in the eyes of the AdComm. Also, you did not mention any extra-curriculars so hopefully you have been engaged in some of those as well.

Hope this helps!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sidhant mishra » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:52 pm
hi,
I want to Envaluate my profile as 8 years of Exp in ELectrical Engineering in power plant.Planning to gmat recently what the aversge I need for gud school in india .As my 10 and 12 are 55%.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:08 pm
sidhant mishra wrote:hi,
I want to Envaluate my profile as 8 years of Exp in ELectrical Engineering in power plant.Planning to gmat recently what the aversge I need for gud school in india .As my 10 and 12 are 55%.
What undergrad school did you go to?
What extra-curriculars are you involved in?
What do you want to do after B school?
Tell me more about your experience. What do you do, how have your promotions been? Are you a top performer? Big salary increases etc?