GMAT Story with (www.GMATinsight.com)

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT Story with (www.GMATinsight.com)

by SG1492 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:24 am
Following the tradition of sharing GMAT story for the next generation, Here is my story.

I am a Economics graduate and I have taken GMAT twice
GMATPREP 1- 640
GMATPREP 2- 660
Real GMAT 1 - Score 590

Manhattan Average Score - 670
Real GMAT 2 - Score 700 (Q-48, V-39) (my final attempt)

Right from the beginning I was very confident of getting a good score in GMAT and to make sure that I get the score that I desire, I joined a prestigious coaching institute (Ja******) in Delhi. While taking classes I felt that taking help from some expert could really make a difference. I was confident of my Verbal section but I always struggled in Quant even to finish the section on time. With my preparation of about 2.5 months when the test was just 15 days away, I started getting too nervous in Quant hence started seeking more focussed and personalized assistance for Quant section and started googling the nearest available Tutors.

While searching I saw the profile of a gentleman and contacted him and liked the way he treated my doubts in a demo session. Here I enrolled for 10 sessions to be taken in 15 days but every next day I realized that my ways of solving questions were too lengthy and with only algebric approach I was going to deal with the Aptitude test which was the primary cause of my taking more time for solving them and lagging behind. On his push I realized that my approached had become too mechanical to solve the questions however since I had only 15 days so I did what I could and ended up with my first GMAT score of 590 (Q-45, V-28).

I was not shocked to see quant but Verbal was surprising for me. It was very difficult me to accept my first dismal score and stand up again to prepare for it. I took a vacation of 1 month and and then started preparing with the same Quant faculty but this time I took Verbal classes as well and enrolled for the entire course with GMATinsight.

It was difficult time for me but my hardwork of 2 more months and trust in those people worked for me. I finally scored a 700 which has now got me into Wharton and leaves no complaints behind.

All I can say is that right guidance definitely help and hardwork always pays.

S.G.