At the time of the Mexican agrarian revolution

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
At the time of the Mexican agrarian revolution, the most radical faction, that of Zapata and his followers, proposed a return to communal ownership of land, to what had been a pre-Columbian form of ownership respected by the Spaniards.
(A) land, to what had been a pre-Columbian form of ownership respected by the Spaniards
(B) land, a form of ownership of the pre-Columbians and respected by the Spaniards
(C) land, respected by the Spaniards and a pre-Columbian form of ownership
(D) land in which a pre-Columbian form of ownership was respected by the Spaniards
(E) land that had been a pre-Columbian form of ownership respected by the Spaniards

Experts please address ...

IMO B

simple past and past perfect is used when two related events occuring one after another. Here "pre-Columbian form of ownership respected by the Spaniards" and "proposed a return to communal ownership of land" are not related events,

OA
a

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 am
This question has been kicking around on forums for years. I can't seem to figure out what the source is. Where did you find it? (Please always post the source of your questions!)

This is a pretty terrible question, so I hope it's not an official question. See Mitch's explanation here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mexican-agra ... 40-15.html
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by thang » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:36 pm
ceilidh.erickson wrote:This question has been kicking around on forums for years. I can't seem to figure out what the source is. Where did you find it? (Please always post the source of your questions!)

This is a pretty terrible question, so I hope it's not an official question. See Mitch's explanation here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mexican-agra ... 40-15.html
why do you say it is terible.

it is good question
looking for the girl living in Bradford UK, visiting Halong bay, Vietnam on 26- 27 Jan 2014. all persons, pls, forward this message to all persons you know to help me find her: my email: [email protected], call: 84904812758