USC Marshall vs state university in California

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I got admission in USC Marshall but they are expensive! Will also have to live away from my husband who is studying in San Jose. Either I can take a loan and do it and then work hard for 2 years to pay it off or I can simply study at an affordable state uni in California. The question is - Is it TOOO much of a compromise to go for a state uni. Does it really drop my level of education and take away from mba value? Are job thereafter hard to get? Would you recommend I suck it up and do MArshall or should I go for a state uni in California? Which state unis would you recommend close to San Jose.
I am walking on deadlines.. so urgent help would be very appreciated!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by j8nguyen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am
I'm currently in the same predicament...I got into SDSU and USC and still debating on where to go.

I'm planning to work while I'm in school so our situations are not completely the same. In your situation going to school full-time I believe it would be more beneficial to be at USC since companies strongly recruit out of USC's program versus a state school. If you already are working and looking to progress in your career at the same company I think a state school will suffice.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by himu » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:30 pm
Hey Folks,

I am having a similar Q

So, what did u select and can u pls help me with this?

I wrote the GMAT & scored 530 and then GRE 307.
I had applied to 8 business schools but now have admits to only:
San Fransisco State Unievrsity, San Diego State Univeristy and Binghamton University.I am an international student from India and want to land up in a job after my graduation in the US at least till I pay back my educational loans.
Pleae note: that I have 10 years of work-experience(3 promotions and working in India as a QA Tech Lead for US based MNC) when I will start my MBA.

So from that perspective, can you please let me know
which university should I select and go ahead with ?

Your reply will be of real help for me :)

Warm Regards,
~Pegasus.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:49 pm
USC would be my choice. Will give you way more flexibility and opportunities than the other schools.