750 (44Q/49V) with Beat The GMAT 60-day Guide

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
I used the Manhattan Prep full set including all three 2015 Official Guide books. My actual score was higher than all practice tests except for the 2nd attempt on the GMAC practice. 8 IR score was almost double the average score on six Manhattan practice tests. I may have to rethink Louisville as my primary option.

by betty_olson » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:09 am
No! You have to persevere! Never give up on your dreams!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by november22 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 pm
did you reviewed anything or just studied everything in 1 shot and wrote exam.

by Steve729 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 pm
For the most part, I followed the program outlined in the 60-day guide on this website. I deviated a bit at the end, mainly because Manhattan Prep offered six practice tests and I took 5 of those.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:30 pm
It might seem like a stupid question -- but you're happy right? Sounds like a really positive 'test-day' score experience versus where you had been on previous practice/prep-work!!!

Congrats!! Any other tips you'd leave for future generations of test takers?

All the best,

Brian

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)

by Steve729 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:32 pm
Brian,

Yes, I'm happy with the score (which was actually a 49Q/44V) although it's overkill for my original school of choice. Now I have the added difficulty of considering other "better" options. As far as tips, I would recommend both Manhattan Prep and the 60-Day guide. Like many others, I think practice tests are the way to go as you get close to test day. I took full exams from GMAC, Manhattan, Veritas, and Princeton. Knowing exactly what the test format would be and where the testing center was located were both very helpful. I also recommend taking both breaks during the practice and actual tests and eating something during each one. I ate a protein bar during the first break and an apple during the second.

Steve

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:00 pm
Steve729 wrote:Brian,

Yes, I'm happy with the score (which was actually a 49Q/44V) although it's overkill for my original school of choice. Now I have the added difficulty of considering other "better" options. As far as tips, I would recommend both Manhattan Prep and the 60-Day guide. Like many others, I think practice tests are the way to go as you get close to test day. I took full exams from GMAC, Manhattan, Veritas, and Princeton. Knowing exactly what the test format would be and where the testing center was located were both very helpful. I also recommend taking both breaks during the practice and actual tests and eating something during each one. I ate a protein bar during the first break and an apple during the second.

Steve
Great Steve -- thanks for the note back! "Having to consider better options" probably falls into the camp of problems that many others on these boards would die for!!! Congrats and good luck.

-Brian

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)