Profile Evaluation: Top 20 B schools in USA

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am Anshuman Tiwari from India and i have given my first GMAT attempt last october and score a 710 on it. I am planning for an MBA from abroad preferably USA. I am 25 years old and below you can find a snapshot of my profile.

Professional Background:

FLY TELECOM LLZ - Dubai: 1 month

I am currently working in dubai as a Product Manager for a Multi National Telecom company where I am responsible project management, Market analysis, Product development and product procurement amongst other things.
I take care of Middle East, Iran, Kenya, Mozambique, Ghana, Nigeria, Turkey.
It has been a month since I have joined the company and before this I was working for a startup in India that I co-founded. It is still very much functional with my partners taking care of it and I am pitching in as and when possible. Details of the business below.

GLOBAL XPRESS SOLUTIONS- Jaipur: 1 year and 5 months

We are an international logistics company started in october'2013 with our office in Jaipur, India and have branches in 4 other regions. We started off with a self funding of $3333 and till now have clocked a revenue of around $110,000 with current client base of more than 60 active clients. We deal with major international players like Honda, ATNT (third party) and Minda Korukava and many big domestic players like Mayur uniquoters to name a few. I use to handle the marketing and business development for the company with a bit of operations work involved as in business you need to everything I also have started talks with venture capitals to generate investment and have already attended one deal session with Calcutta angels. Prior to it this I was working for a telecom firm in Gurgaon, India. Details below:

SAR Group - Gurgaon: 1 year 2 months

Here I was Executive-Project Management for Product department in the telecom division of the group. I was later promoted internally to the profile of Product research and Analysis I helped in launch of ANdoird phone for the brand PAN India. I Single point of contact for Product team to various internal departments such as Marketing, sales, Finance as well as external agencies and bodies such as MSAI, Creative agencies etc. I traveled extensively to Tier 1 cities PAN India to cater to the technical consulting needed and analysis of various sales circles for longer PLC and correct Market Positioning.

Academic Profile:

B.tech- Electronics and telecommunications - Narsee Monjee University, Mumbai
GPA: 2.8 / 4

Extracirriculars:

Student Placement co-ordinator for corporate relations & Placements at College
Co-Founder & Head "STRATEGY" first Marketing consulting cell of College.
Research Paper selected to be presented in ICSTM'11 among the batch of 200 students.
Worked on exclusive project for NEC Pvt. Ltd on "3G Backhaul Designing" in March'2012.
Captained the Dance team for College for 3 consecutive years; winning in various genre as Hip Hop/UV.
Represented State (Rajasthan) and Captained College Team in Basketball winning all major tournaments
Member at "AkshayPatra" Jaipur chapter; mentoring various students on entrepreneurship/morality

I am aiming for top B schools in USA with my preference to Tuck business school, Wharton, UCLA, NYU Stern, USC.
I am open to other schools as long as they fit my requirement.

I would like to know based on my profile what are my chances of getting into these schools and which would be safe schools for me to apply to.

Looking to hear back[/list]

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:40 am
one of several duplicate posts
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options