Choice between 3 similarly ranked colleges.

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Choice between 3 similarly ranked colleges.

by sudipt23 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:22 am
Hi,

Just wanted suggestions on how to go about making a choice in term of schools ranked similarly.

The schools in contention are Syracuse(Whitman), Babson(Olin) & Case Western(Weatherhead). Am looking at these schools in terms of a general management perspective.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sudipt

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:22 pm
Hi.

I don't know much about those schools and I am no business school expert, but considering the weather and everything else I would rather be in the Boston area than in the other two locations. So based just on location, my choice would be Babson.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:1 members

by Dina@Fortuna » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:37 am
Hello Sudipt,
There's a lot more for you to think about as you compare MBA programs for general management. Here are a few things to consider to help you decide.
- Academics/Curriculum - Take a look at the offerings and formats at each to see if any seem to meet what you're looking for better than others
- Career - Look at which companies recruit on campus, as well as job functions in general management, and think about where you can see yourself working (in this case, consider location since this could help you decide). Some schools also report career info and stats by geography
- Current students/alumni - If you haven't done this already, spend time connecting with current students and alumni from the schools that you're considering to hear what they have to say
- Fit - If can can visit each campus, it's well worth experiencing the programs for yourself to get a sense of where you feel most comfortable (sign up for any on-campus offerings like class visits and speak to students on campus)

These are just a few ideas for getting started in comparing the programs. Good luck!
Dina
Dina Glasofer | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website

GMAT/MBA Expert

Followed by:1 members

by Dina@Fortuna » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:37 am
Hello Sudipt,
There's a lot more for you to think about as you compare MBA programs for general management. Here are a few things to consider to help you decide.
- Academics/Curriculum - Take a look at the offerings and formats at each to see if any seem to meet what you're looking for better than others
- Career - Look at which companies recruit on campus, as well as job functions in general management, and think about where you can see yourself working (in this case, consider location since this could help you decide). Some schools also report career info and stats by geography
- Current students/alumni - If you haven't done this already, spend time connecting with current students and alumni from the schools that you're considering to hear what they have to say
- Fit - If can can visit each campus, it's well worth experiencing the programs for yourself to get a sense of where you feel most comfortable (sign up for any on-campus offerings like class visits and speak to students on campus)

These are just a few ideas for getting started in comparing the programs. Good luck!
Dina
Dina Glasofer | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:01 pm
Hi Sudipt

I agree with what Dina said. In addition also look at the weather and the advantages of the location your school is set in. Location becomes very important when the schools in terms of reputation and quality are similar.