Thank you Caryn Altman and Stacy Blackman Consulting!

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
It took me weeks to decide if I wanted to use an admissions consultant, but after doing a lot of due diligence, I chose to do the All-In package for 3 schools with Caryn Altman at Stacy Blackman Consulting. I knew I had a lot of the things going for me - strong GPA and GMAT, but I also knew what my weaknesses were - a bit disjointed of experiences, never been promoted, not a ton of extracurriculars etc.

Caryn at SBC was truly awesome. She was thoughtful and prompt every time I emailed her various questions (which was very frequently!). She not only helped me to figure out which schools would be a good fit for me, but she also worked wonders in helping me to package all the things I have done thus far into a cohesive story that made sense. We probably went through 8 versions of my resume alone, and I will admit that while I did all the work myself, there is absolutely no way I could have laid it out in such a clean and compelling manner without her. I realize now that even minor word choices can send a red flag to Admissions, but I felt comfortable that I could avoid those pitfalls with Caryn, given her tenure at SBC and previous experience sitting on the Kellogg Admissions Board.

All of the SBC tools were helpful - from the Wiki page, to the Flight Test, to the practice video interviews on which I received feedback. It would be the understatement of the year to say that my experience was a worthwhile investment - not only was I admitted everywhere I applied, but I also was awarded a merit scholarship to each school! Thrilled to say I'll be headed to Kellogg in the Fall, with a $100,000 merit scholarship in hand.