Journal/ Error Log

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Journal/ Error Log

by albertoduro1xx » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:22 pm
Hello all, at first I decided to NOT keep a journal log but after some thought I think that I will progress faster if I do. So I just wanted to ask anyone who has had success with the GMAT who have kept an error log a couple questions. First off, What was the way in which you kept the log? Did you copy the question along with the answers And write why you got the question wrong? Or was there another way? Secondly, After copying down everything, How did you make the log of any use? Did you reattempt the questions? Or did you just study them? Any advice or tips on how to keep a proper error log would be helpful. Please and thank you.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 am
albertoduro1xx wrote:Hello all, at first I decided to NOT keep a journal log but after some thought I think that I will progress faster if I do. So I just wanted to ask anyone who has had success with the GMAT who have kept an error log a couple questions. First off, What was the way in which you kept the log? Did you copy the question along with the answers And write why you got the question wrong? Or was there another way? Secondly, After copying down everything, How did you make the log of any use? Did you reattempt the questions? Or did you just study them? Any advice or tips on how to keep a proper error log would be helpful. Please and thank you.
Hey there -- glad to hear you are thinking about how to incorporate an error log into your studies. A tough transition, but an important one.

I've attached a link to an article from my dear friend Stacey -- I think you'll find this answer a lot of outstanding questions that you may have.

https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/error-log.cfm

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Brian

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)