What is the best school and course for my profile?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have around 10 years of experience in software development - C, C++, and Linux. I am a pure techie guy. I have been to various places for Work - Aus, South-Africa, US, and UK.
At the moment, I have a PR to work in Australia. I have a 78.5 % in Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication, India. According to you, what should be the best school for me in Australia. I am not a brilliant student and getting into the best university in USA is not possible for me in a short time. My question - Is it worth to do MBA in Australia? If so, what are the best schools to do. Also, what is the best course for me, where my experience will be advantageous.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 am
Hello

Your undergraduate percentage looks quite impressive. Have you taken the GMAT yet? With 10 years of work experience, I would advise you to take a look at EMBA as it could be a little difficult to get into a full-time MBA program with 10-11 years of work experience. Do you plan to continue in the software industry at managerial positions or do you want to shift careers?

Australia has a few very good business schools and thee is no reason why you shouldn't aim for the best. Melbourne Business School tops the chart and if you could make it to MBS you are looking at a great career ahead. You can also take a look at the MBA programs of the University of New South Wales and the Australian National University. These could e some of your safe schools.

Hope this helps
All the Best

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews &Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Check out our free e-book on How to Get into a Top Business School here https://www.interviewbay.com/school/how- ... -ebook.php

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:16 pm
joshis1 wrote:I have around 10 years of experience in software development - C, C++, and Linux. I am a pure techie guy. I have been to various places for Work - Aus, South-Africa, US, and UK.
At the moment, I have a PR to work in Australia. I have a 78.5 % in Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication, India. According to you, what should be the best school for me in Australia. I am not a brilliant student and getting into the best university in USA is not possible for me in a short time. My question - Is it worth to do MBA in Australia? If so, what are the best schools to do. Also, what is the best course for me, where my experience will be advantageous.
Hi Joshi,

You have solid IT experience, the next step for you to make a career shift is pursuing MBA. It is worth to do MBA in Australia from reputed business schools, this will definitely help you to make career shift. You can consider applying to Macquarie Graduate School of Management, AGSM and Melbourne Business School. These three B-schools are well known globally and ranked in top 100 B-schools by Financial Times ranking. So focus on preparing for GMAT and apply with solid preparation.

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am
I agree with the second poster. You might want to consider some executive MBA programs given your many years of experience. Also, executive MBA programs place less emphasis on the GMAT and GPA and is more focused on your work experience and management experience. Good luck with your decision and education!