MBA from MBS/AGSM Job prospects

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

MBA from MBS/AGSM Job prospects

by seagull18 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:05 am
Hi ,

I hold a Mechanical Engineering Degree from India and am currently in Perth Aus from the past 1 year on a PR working in a top oil and gas company. I have total 8 years of experience in oil and gas and have been 6 years in this oil and gas company. I am thinking of doing an MBA specialization in Finance from Aus. Have researched and come across MBS/AGSM as being among the top 2 schools. I am considering doing the MBA full time . Anyone from MBS/AGSM could you please let me know what is the job prospects presently from these B schools.

Is it worth the ROI considering will be 1 and half year without income doing MBA.

Thanks.

Followed by:1 members

by seagull18 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 pm
Hi ,

Any advice for the below ?
I really want to know the current career and job prospects from MBS /AGSM .

Thanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 am
Hello

You are right. MBS is indeed the best business school in Australia and therefore your best choice. Nearly all the top consulting firms recruit from MBS and students are placed in a wide range of industries across the globe. 91% of the 2014 class was placed within 4 months of graduation. Rest assured, if you do get in MBS, you are a looking at an extremely promising career ahead. Are you planning to switch careers or do you intend to continue in oil and natural gas sector? Because if you do, you can consider the executive MBA program at MBS as well as part-time MBA. In the past several applicants have come to MBS with work experience in the oil and natural gas sector.

Hope this helps
All the Best

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews &Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Check out our free e-book on How to Get into a Top Business School here https://www.interviewbay.com/school/how- ... -ebook.php

by xoxo43 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:04 am
For all the new applicant in one year time, you will be disappointed if you go ahead with the offer.

There's no professionalism in running the institute.
Feedback doesn't matter to management.
Course have outdated content and don't reflect the reality.
Big doubt if they will feature in next year FT rankings.
Career development best advise to student - MBA won't get you the job in Australia. :roll: - So, then what I am doing here.
No domestic student come to AGSM and if they do they leave the course mid-way.
Infrastructure sucks- Ancient Building, Smelly toilets, broken chair and table.
Best business school have non disclosure policy in term of marks. AGSM don't act and behave like top business school.
Lots of manipulation and double talk.

MBAs have no value in Australia. If you want to spend 75000$, then better do it in US, where company value the MBAs and many consulting companies hire in hordes.

Australian Graduate School of Management
Class of 2016
Class of 2017