advice and info needed

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

advice and info needed

by abhishektrpat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 am
Hello

I took the gmat test yesterday. My score was not good enough (520- q-45,v-20), so I'm planning to re-take the test after better prep. I'm totally confused about the MBA application procedures, deadlines and requirements for CANADA and US. I want to join an mba course in 2015 only and do not want to delay further. So my main question is that will it be fine to to take the gmat again in late JAN 2015 or early FEB 2015, as I need some preparation time. I know that foreign student need time for the visa formalities and essay submission.

So plz guide me about he admission process, and how should I apply to join a course in 2015 sept.

My profile:- I'm form India, b-tech (mechanical engg. 67%), 1.5 yrs wrk exp. in power sector, currently trying to set up my own business in India.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:00 am
Hi abhishektrpat,

It sounds like your "big question" is based around admissions deadlines and if you can get everything in before the deadline. When it comes to retaking the GMAT, you have to wait 31 days between Tests, so since you took the GMAT yesterday, you'll have to wait until mid-January to retake it.

What is your goal score?

Business Schools have their own individual application deadlines, so do you have that information already? Once you know what the deadlines are, you can "work backwards" to figure out how much time you have to take care of all of the other parts of your application. If you have questions about specific schools/programs or are looking for general admissions advice, then I suggest that you post in the Admissions Sub-Forum (on this site) - the Experts there should be able to answer your questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:22 pm
Hi Abhishek,

I attached the 2015 deadlines for the big MBA programs. As you can see, you've missed most of the Round 2 deadlines, and while there are still some Round 3 deadlines, competition is generally much higher for Round 3 as most slots have been filled and schools tend to be extremely selective with those final slots.

You probably have a much better shot at getting into a program you'd love if you wait and apply for Round 1 this fall. That would give you more time to prep your GMAT and admission package.

Best,
Vivian
Attachments
MBA Program Deadlines 2015.docx
(16.17 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)