GMAT Exam prep has technical issues

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT Exam prep has technical issues

by utkalnayak » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:22 pm
Continuing my struggle to get GMAT prep packages to work for me.
1. It does not work on Mac OSX 10.10 version
2. On windows laptop it requires me to lower the resolution to be able to see the submit and pause buttons
3. In the middle of the practice the submit button turns disabled, leaving me without any choice but to exit the test in the middle, skewing up my timings and adding to my frustration during last minute preparation.

I have written several mails to [email protected] as advised by the authorities. Have not received a single response, not even an automated acknowledgement. Not sure if that is the right way to make myself heard.

Any body has any such experience, and did you figure a way out of this ?
Thanks,
Utkal

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm
utkalnayak wrote:Continuing my struggle to get GMAT prep packages to work for me.
2. On windows laptop it requires me to lower the resolution to be able to see the submit and pause buttons
3. In the middle of the practice the submit button turns disabled, leaving me without any choice but to exit the test in the middle, skewing up my timings and adding to my frustration during last minute preparation.

I have written several mails to [email protected] as advised by the authorities. Have not received a single response, not even an automated acknowledgement. Not sure if that is the right way to make myself heard.

Hello,

That is the best way to get in touch, but I will pass this information to the software team as well for follow-up. If we have any updates or information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:11 pm
OfficialGMAT wrote:
utkalnayak wrote:Continuing my struggle to get GMAT prep packages to work for me.

Hello,

That is the best way to get in touch, but I will pass this information to the software team as well for follow-up. If we have any updates or information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Please verify if the screen resolution is set to 1024x768 or higher. To locate in Windows, click the windows Start button, click Control Panel, and then under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.

Lastly, please verify what your computer text size is set to.

To locate, open Screen Resolution by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Display in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking Display. GMATPrep might have issues installing if it is not set to 100%.

Please let me know if you have any further inquiries.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by utkalnayak » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:55 pm
Thank you Jeremy for your response. I had resolution higher than 1024, I had to reduce it to 1024 so I could see the bottom controls. However the sporadic issue of submit / next button getting disabled does not appear to associated with display settings. Also I have checked that the text size is at 100%.

Do we have any updates regarding the Mac issue?
Thanks,
Utkal

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:36 am
utkalnayak wrote:Thank you Jeremy for your response. I had resolution higher than 1024, I had to reduce it to 1024 so I could see the bottom controls. However the sporadic issue of submit / next button getting disabled does not appear to associated with display settings. Also I have checked that the text size is at 100%.

Do we have any updates regarding the Mac issue?
Hello,

Can you please provide the email address you use to log in to MBA.com so our customer service team can get in touch more quickly?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by utkalnayak » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:18 pm
I sent email to gmatprep using the email id that I use at mba.com
Thanks,
Utkal

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 am
utkalnayak wrote:I sent email to gmatprep using the email id that I use at mba.com
Hello,

Could you please let me know what that email address is? If you're not comfortable posting it here, please send it to me via direct message or via email to [email protected].

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by utkalnayak » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:24 pm
HI,
I finally received response from the GMATPrep team today. There was some real useful info, that could help me resolve. Hope others may benefit from this. I found that my OS which is Yosemite is not compatible to Prep pack software. When I try to install the error I found said that a specific file required to access is missing in OS. Attached is the exact error msg. I had to create this entry manually in my computer and then install again.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 7.00.04 PM.png
Thanks,
Utkal