Profile Review, Please! 720GMAT Chemical Engineer

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello all,

I am in for round 2 this cycle, but want to know what you think of my profile:

27 year old Caucasian US Male
720 GMAT (Q49 V40 IR8 AWA4.5)
UG Major- Chemical Engineering 3.62 GPA, 3.8 in math and ChemE classes, Mid ranked Big Ten School

Work Experience: 2 years at top chemical manufacturer as a production engineer, 2 years at matriculation at a top consumer packaged goods company, working in manufacturing focused on continuous improvement and lean manufacturing, leadership experiences at both job by leading hourly work teams as well as leading projects across departments

EC's: Nothing too substantial, tutored throughout college (Paid and unpaid), lots of recreational sports leagues, some small volunteer jobs spreadout

MBA goal: Transition into brand management for a consumer goods company. My angle is that my analytical skills as well as experience in producing goods will give me a knowledge base that others in the brand roles may not have.

Applied to Kellogg and Booth this cycle.

Fire away!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:47 am
Overall you have a good profile. Definitely good enough for Booth and close to the averages of Kellogg. A lot depends on they way you have portrayed your strengths in your essays. You can check out the class profile of Chicago booth here - https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/chicag ... t-analysis
and that of Kellogg here https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/kellog ... statistics

Kellogg values team work in its applicants a lot. It is good that you have been part of team sports in the past. Did you win any event or tournament? - anything to highlight that you are a team player? Discussing such experiences in your essays would have been valuable. It is very good that you have led a lot of major projects at your company as this is something that adcoms value a lot. Were you promoted as well?

Post MBA goals are an important aspect of your application and your reasons are quite convincing. This coupled with convincing answers for why the school would make an excellent fit for you and your future goals will certainly increase your chances of getting a call.

But, as you have already applied to the schools and I am not aware of what you have put into your essays, it will be hard to say anything with conviction. You certainly are a competent candidate by the looks of it. I hope you do get a call.

Do let me know when you hear from the schools.
All the Best

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews &Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Check out our free e-book on How to Get into a Top Business School here https://www.interviewbay.com/school/how- ... -ebook.php