Is it worth to go for S.P. Jain Dubai Global MBA program ?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hii everyone...
hope all of you are in pink of your health...

I really need your help to decide about which MBA college shall i plan.
My profile is 6 & half years of work experience in Corporate & project Planning. Monitoring & Project Cordination for Infrastructure Projects.
High School Grade 77%
Undergraduate Score 72%.

Since i don't have budget to meet the expenses of Best B-School of USA .
Looking for some Best B-School in Asia with the budget limit INR. 250,00,00/-

Since, i have lot of responsibility it would be the best if you suggest me good 1 year to 1 year & half MBA program with best return on investment & placement record.

Please suggest me how is the S.P Jain Global MBA program Dubai/Singapore?? How is its placement record & average pay package.

Your suggestion will be great help for me to take decision.

My interest is to MBA in Finance.

-thanks in advance.

by gireesh » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 am
S P Jain could be an ideal MBA for you. Reason being:
1. it is a one year MBA - so you return to your corporate life sooner.
2. It is only for students with minimum 3 years of experience, average being more than 5 years. This gives you a mature age group of students to interact with, and thus elevates the level of classroom discussions and case study analysis
3. The curriculum is centered around "Decision-making", the lifeblood of any business leader today. Every course is application oriented, and the classroom is treated like a business laboratory.
4. It is a tri-city model. Students study for 4 months each at S P Jain's campuses in Dubai, Singapore, Sydney - so you get a global exposure, and you are not someone who is constrained to the local business knowledge only.
5. You choose where you wish to work - Dubai, Singapore, Sydney or even India. The Average placement salaries of the last graduating batch were INR 15.75 lacs. The placements for the current batch is on going, hence figures are not yet announced.
6. A specialization in Finance or even Logistics and Supply Chain Management could interest you.
The entry criteria is very stringent. You would need to clear aptitude tests, essays, and interviews.

Visit www.spjain.org and know more.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:640

by sachindia » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 am
how much does it cost studying here?
Regards,
Sach

by ravstime » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 pm
gireesh wrote:S P Jain could be an ideal MBA for you. Reason being:
1. it is a one year MBA - so you return to your corporate life sooner.
2. It is only for students with minimum 3 years of experience, average being more than 5 years. This gives you a mature age group of students to interact with, and thus elevates the level of classroom discussions and case study analysis
3. The curriculum is centered around "Decision-making", the lifeblood of any business leader today. Every course is application oriented, and the classroom is treated like a business laboratory.
4. It is a tri-city model. Students study for 4 months each at S P Jain's campuses in Dubai, Singapore, Sydney - so you get a global exposure, and you are not someone who is constrained to the local business knowledge only.
5. You choose where you wish to work - Dubai, Singapore, Sydney or even India. The Average placement salaries of the last graduating batch were INR 15.75 lacs. The placements for the current batch is on going, hence figures are not yet announced.
6. A specialization in Finance or even Logistics and Supply Chain Management could interest you.
The entry criteria is very stringent. You would need to clear aptitude tests, essays, and interviews.

Visit www.spjain.org and know more.

Hi Gireesh,

Can you pls. tell whether you are current student of the college or from Spjain's marketing team or an independent consultant.
It will give us clarity on how to take your reasons. Pls. dont take my comment otherwise. Its a genuine concern.

Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 am
Hi,

All i can say is that you can certainly benefit from the Campus Recruitment possibilities which are rare to come by other top schools. All in all it seems to be a really good school and is now also represented in the FT top 100 MBA programs.

Hope it helps.

by SPJain-Global » Sun May 12, 2013 4:10 am
S P Jain School of global management allows you the unique oppurtunity to study in 3 different countries in 1 year, with a superb placement record as most are aware. You get to be globally intelligent with the program apart from the traditional classroom learning, which we call Business education 2.0 - https://pagalguy.com/news/business-educa ... a-8797795/

Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

by nicole88 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:18 am
Is it necessary to take up CAT for this program?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by shivani123 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 am
No it is not. You can give GMAT, CAT OR SPJET any one of these exams for S P Jain School of global management.

by nicole88 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:21 am
Do they offer scholarships as well?

by shivani123 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:23 am
Yes they do. Go through this link for more information: https://www.spjain.org/bba/scholarships.aspx

by nicole88 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:25 am
Thanks a lot

Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:07 am
The 1 year MBA programs at IIMs & ISB are way better in terms of reputation & ROI.

Hope it helps.

by minalcorrera » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:07 am
@mba2012 - Is it? . I've heard that the finance minister has announced 5 new IIMs, great opportunity for the students to get a big brand!

by preity » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:34 am
So many IIMs! I don't know what will happen to the brand IIM after this announcement.

by purvipatel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:48 am
preity wrote:So many IIMs! I don't know what will happen to the brand IIM after this announcement.
A lot of these IIMs are at such vague locations, I don't know what sort of exposure the students get towards business practices.