What is the best MBA COUNSELING option?

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

What is the best MBA COUNSELING option?

by reb88 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm
Hello guys, I would like to registered to an MBA counseling firm that helps me throughout the application process but I have got no idea which company is the best in terms of acceptance success ratio, which one is the cheapest, which one limits itself to essays only etc. These are the firms I found: mba admission; AcceptU; Admissionado; Critical Square; Mba Admit; Mba prep school; Stacy Blackman; Stratus Prep; Clear Admit.

So far I researched Stratus Prep and it seems so pricy. Any advice and overall guidelines will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards,
Roberto

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gmat_thingie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am
SUGGESTION/EARNEST REQUEST/WARNING/RED ALERT: DON'T USE SERVICES OF VIBRANTURE. BLACKLIST PRINCE PETER.

1 ZERO VALUE OF SERVICES: Vibranture can dupe you under the warps of providing brainstorming session where really there would be nothing of value except discussions on who motivates you and why. There is no focus on essays and whatever is shared is total crap available anywhere online. Might as well read some strategy books, AVAILABLE FOR FREE ! Basically his service has no value and his extremely overpriced.
2. ZERO CLARITY: This person mentions I provide comprehensive services - essay writing. At time of delivery mentions, please read my bad font/non updated useless website to dig in what lies underneath
3. EGOSITIC: Prince peter thinks highly of himself. As if he was the Dean of Harvard. The guy thinks of himself too much and that he can get a crack at anything. Extremely non cooperative person and very difficult to work with when you already have a burden of working on applications and would like to work with reasonable people who would care to followup. Ofcourse he will still use those deadly words. Your time will begin from now. My time is very valuable. Or something like - am very blunt. Am super critical. Am a feedback guy. I willl rip your essay apart. All tolly-wood dialogues from Tamil cinema is right up his nose.
4. EXPECTS SMS/PHONE CALL - Who in this today's world doesn't check his Emails? This person wants people to SMS him or give a phone call whenever an email is shot to him. All he does is travel and he only wants to talk about his life of travel post Feb and before July. He seems to be just feeding of poor souls hard earned money, purely for his travel adventures.
5. RUDE: Super bad experience. He went to extent of mentioning am not a serious candidate and his time is worthy of prime minister's seat. He also goes to extent of labeling me as someone who is insane. Just remind this man that I am paying him and he better keep his cock in his mouth.
6. Confrontation: Approach he adopts to confront is : A) He will pocket all your money also of services that he didn't give. B) He will shout like a big fat lady C) He is whiny and retorts back as someone who needs a lot of ass licking d) Doesn't have bandwidth with his 48 hour throughput plans and will retort back like a barking dog if you confront him in any manner
7. Services: In my specific situation, when I figured he doesn't write essays and the brainstorming will not be followed up with more clear discussions and more ideas for content writing. I told him what value am I getting out of this? To which his ugly and vengeance filled approach was that we can cancel this transaction. He said he will only provide two reviews and edits and won't be giving any ideas. He said" though your services allowed you to have another half an hour brainstorming session, but it is my choice not to work with you". So for Rs 48000 that I signed up with him on Resume and Comprehensive services, he went ahead and deducted Rs 20000. He said he spent time on resume and he needs to be charging for that. And though the 100minutes we used for brainstorming had only 60 minutes for brainstorming and initial 30 minutes for guidelines discussion, he would still charge me for two hours equivalent to Rs 16000. There all in, Rs 20000 went right in the air. Thanks to this man who thinks that money grows in air and his mouth really spewed out anything better than gas.
Following is his reply:
Also, there is no 'strategy' session [in fact that word is not even mentioned in the service page]- there is just brainstorming TIME: as I mentioned before, if you had bought a standalone brainstorming service the clock would stop at 60mins; the rest of the time was spent on you because you reiterated and promised your status as a full service client. And there is NO question of ANY further input from us on ANYTHING, certainly not on the resume: in case you want a standalone resume service the balance would be Rs.21,000. (Orange font was his reponse. Whereby he is saying that he though spent some hours on Resume for which he will still charge and won't send anything for me to decipher why is he making me spend money?)
In case that is acceptable to you, we would be happy to bid you farewell and make the refund minus Rs.20,000.
Please let us know if the refund of Rs.28,000 works for you ; because while we will wish you the best post this episode, we really would be happier not to communicate with you further, after the refund.

by gmat_thingie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am
SUGGESTION/EARNEST REQUEST/WARNING/RED ALERT: DON'T USE SERVICES OF VIBRANTURE. BLACKLIST PRINCE PETER.

1 ZERO VALUE OF SERVICES: Vibranture can dupe you under the warps of providing brainstorming session where really there would be nothing of value except discussions on who motivates you and why. There is no focus on essays and whatever is shared is total crap available anywhere online. Might as well read some strategy books, AVAILABLE FOR FREE ! Basically his service has no value and his extremely overpriced.
2. ZERO CLARITY: This person mentions I provide comprehensive services - essay writing. At time of delivery mentions, please read my bad font/non updated useless website to dig in what lies underneath
3. EGOSITIC: Prince peter thinks highly of himself. As if he was the Dean of Harvard. The guy thinks of himself too much and that he can get a crack at anything. Extremely non cooperative person and very difficult to work with when you already have a burden of working on applications and would like to work with reasonable people who would care to followup. Ofcourse he will still use those deadly words. Your time will begin from now. My time is very valuable. Or something like - am very blunt. Am super critical. Am a feedback guy. I willl rip your essay apart. All tolly-wood dialogues from Tamil cinema is right up his nose.
4. EXPECTS SMS/PHONE CALL - Who in this today's world doesn't check his Emails? This person wants people to SMS him or give a phone call whenever an email is shot to him. All he does is travel and he only wants to talk about his life of travel post Feb and before July. He seems to be just feeding of poor souls hard earned money, purely for his travel adventures.
5. RUDE: Super bad experience. He went to extent of mentioning am not a serious candidate and his time is worthy of prime minister's seat. He also goes to extent of labeling me as someone who is insane. Just remind this man that I am paying him and he better keep his cock in his mouth.
6. Confrontation: Approach he adopts to confront is : A) He will pocket all your money also of services that he didn't give. B) He will shout like a big fat lady C) He is whiny and retorts back as someone who needs a lot of ass licking d) Doesn't have bandwidth with his 48 hour throughput plans and will retort back like a barking dog if you confront him in any manner
7. Services: In my specific situation, when I figured he doesn't write essays and the brainstorming will not be followed up with more clear discussions and more ideas for content writing. I told him what value am I getting out of this? To which his ugly and vengeance filled approach was that we can cancel this transaction. He said he will only provide two reviews and edits and won't be giving any ideas. He said" though your services allowed you to have another half an hour brainstorming session, but it is my choice not to work with you". So for Rs 48000 that I signed up with him on Resume and Comprehensive services, he went ahead and deducted Rs 20000. He said he spent time on resume and he needs to be charging for that. And though the 100minutes we used for brainstorming had only 60 minutes for brainstorming and initial 30 minutes for guidelines discussion, he would still charge me for two hours equivalent to Rs 16000. There all in, Rs 20000 went right in the air. Thanks to this man who thinks that money grows in air and his mouth really spewed out anything better than gas.
Following is his reply:
Also, there is no 'strategy' session [in fact that word is not even mentioned in the service page]- there is just brainstorming TIME: as I mentioned before, if you had bought a standalone brainstorming service the clock would stop at 60mins; the rest of the time was spent on you because you reiterated and promised your status as a full service client. And there is NO question of ANY further input from us on ANYTHING, certainly not on the resume: in case you want a standalone resume service the balance would be Rs.21,000. (Orange font was his reponse. Whereby he is saying that he though spent some hours on Resume for which he will still charge and won't send anything for me to decipher why is he making me spend money?)
In case that is acceptable to you, we would be happy to bid you farewell and make the refund minus Rs.20,000.
Please let us know if the refund of Rs.28,000 works for you ; because while we will wish you the best post this episode, we really would be happier not to communicate with you further, after the refund.

by gmat_thingie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:47 am
SUGGESTION/EARNEST REQUEST/WARNING/RED ALERT: DON'T USE SERVICES OF VIBRANTURE. BLACKLIST PRINCE PETER. RECOMMENDED TO PULL SUCH CONSULTANTS TO DISTRICT CUSTOMER COURT.
1 ZERO VALUE OF SERVICES: Vibranture can dupe you under the warps of providing brainstorming session where really there would be nothing of value except discussions on who motivates you and why. There is no focus on essays and whatever is shared is total crap available anywhere online. Might as well read some strategy books, AVAILABLE FOR FREE !
3. EGOSITIC: Prince peter thinks highly of himself. As if he was the Dean of Harvard. The guy thinks of himself too much and that he can get a crack at anything. Extremely non cooperative person and very difficult to work with when you already have a burden of working on applications and would like to work with reasonable people who would care to followup. Ofcourse he will still use those deadly words. Your time will begin from now. My time is very valuable. Or something like - am very blunt. Am super critical. Am a feedback guy. I will rip your essay apart. All tolly-wood dialogues from Tamil cinema is right up his nose.
5. RUDE: Super bad experience. He went to extent of mentioning am not a serious candidate and his time is worthy of prime minister's seat. He also goes to extent of labeling me as someone who is insane. Just remind this man that I am paying him and he better keep his mouth only available for productive use.
6. Confrontation: Approach he adopts to confront is : A) He will pocket all your money also of services that he didn't give. B) He will shout like a big fat lady C) He is whiny and retorts back as someone who needs a lot of a** licking d) Doesn't have bandwidth with his 48 hour throughput plans and will likely bark back if you confront him in any manner
Following is his reply:

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by thenesta_test » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:31 am
6. Confrontation: Approach he adopts to confront is : A) He will pocket all your money also of services that he didn't give. B) He will shout like a big fat lady C) He is whiny and retorts back as someone who needs a lot of a** licking d) Doesn't have bandwidth with his 48 hour throughput plans and will likely bark back if you confront him in any manner
what is this?

durex | okamoto

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by AdmitPitch » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:04 pm
Dear Reb88:

Choosing location for your MBA consultant is a important step. You should work with an consultant based on his expertise to add value to your profile based on the key parameters of the application process: strategy for overall profile and specific to each school, develop plan for approach for each school, develop the "fit" for you with the school and hand-hold you in the entire process. A good consultant can provide great value in marketing your profile, developing the right pitch, mitigate your weak areas and provide solutions to present yourself in an effective way. A good consultant will also help you to shortlist schools based on your career goals, interests and kind of programs you are looking at.

Also read our article on this https://www.admitpitch.com/component/eas ... Itemid=472

Admitpitch is a leading MBA consulting firm which provides unbiased views. We are a team of MBAs from top 40 business schools from US and Asia. Do reach out to us for a free profile assessment or any queries related to MBA admissions, do email us at [email protected]
Admit Pitch,
MBA Admission Consultants
https://www.admitpitch.com/
US | UK | China | India
Schedule a 60 minute free assessment, send your resume at [email protected]
We do offer flexi-payment options