ESSEC MiM 2015 Intake

Organize face-to-face meetings with other members
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

ESSEC MiM 2015 Intake

by SumeshL » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:55 pm
Hi Everyone,

Anyone admitted to ESSEC for their Masters in Management for 2015?
I got an admit this month.. And I can't see any active groups or threads around.. So I thought this is a good way to get in touch and make the most of it.. :)

Let's get in touch :)

Please reply to the post or send me a direct message.

Cheers!
Sumesh

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members
Can Indian Applicants Aim for Scholarships at Top MiM programs?

MiM scholarships, or scholarships for Master in Management programs, are highly sought after by each applicant to these early career management programs. With most top MiM programs in Europe (although some top schools in the US, such as Kellogg, and Ross, are also catching up), a majority of applicants looking for early career options have their sights set on not just admissions, but also scholarships in Euros! This post discusses some of the criteria that top management programs use to award scholarships and also highlights a success story of Vishal Sanduja, a GyanOne client who won a EUR 20,000 scholarship to ESSEC and an admit to the HEC MiM too. Vishal joins multiple GyanOne clients who have made it to top MiM programs in the past.

MiM essays and their role in scholarships
The fact that MiM essays play a big role in earning scholarships is not a secret from most MiM applicants. However, MiM applicants also need to exhibit greater achievement based on fewer experiences as compared to their MBA applicant counterparts, because the huge factor of work experience is absent or restricted largely to internships. Work achievements therefore play hardly a role. Further, most MiM applicants bring in achievements that are not very different in nature (the college experience provides for similar opportunities), and therefore differentiating oneself is very important. MiM applicants also need to enunciate career goals with greater clarity, because their statements of the future are not based on exhibited professional achievement, but an extension (and often a change) of what they have studied. MiM Scholarships and Essays

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog
Last edited by GyanOne on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by GoTlover » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 pm
Hey everyone!

This is Abhinav. A year back I was also, like you, going through MiM program catalogues from different universities in Europe. I selected a few schools which I thought to be the best and got down to writing essays and SoPs. It was quite difficult for me, managing time and putting my story across in 300 words or less. I contacted Gyanone and availed their services for essay editing. I was impressed by the knowledge they possessed about each college I was applying to. As a result, I got admits from ESSEC and Rotterdam School of Management. I am very happy and credit goes to Gyanone, who also helped me with interview prep and gave me valuable insights. I recommend Gyanone to all and wish you all the best for your admission process!