ESCP or EDHEC? Which one should I choose?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

ESCP or EDHEC? Which one should I choose?

by RohanMIM » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:42 am
Hi everyone,
After a long process,finally the results are out.
I have been selected at ESCP, EM-LYON, AUDENCIA, SKEMA AND EDHEC.
I have narrowed down the choice to ESCP and EDHEC.
But now I cant choose.
ESCP has offered me a scholarship of 8600 Euros.
EDHEC has offered me a scholarship of 12,800 Euros.

ESCP is ranked higher.But its more expensive. (though not out of reach)

EDHEC is ranked lower. But its more affordable. Both in terms of school fees and living expense.

My undergraduate specialization has been in Finance and I wanna do the same in my Masters specialization.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:45 am
Hello

Heartiest congratulations on getting selected.

Coming to your dillema, I think that you should not base your decision on finances, but rather on your post MBA goals and which business school will offer you better avenues in that direction. What industry do you hope to enter after MBA? Check out the employment statistics of both schools and find out which school has a better placement record in that industry. Also check which of the two has better electives for your preferred specialization. Talk to alumni about this and then make the final decision.

Hope this helps

All the best

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out our free e-book on how to get into the world's best business schools https://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your target B-Schools

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:31 pm
Hi Rohan,

ESCP in terms of quality and reputation is far better than EDHEC so you might want to consider the same.

Let us know if you have any further queries and we would be happy to advice.

www.manyagroup.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:02 pm
Well i know this reply comes really late, but i hope it helps others who are having the same queries

Well both ESCP and EDHEC are really great schools and are well ranked for the MiM.
I am currently a student at ESCP so i can tell you from my personal experience, that even though both the schools are really great.....ESCP would be the best choice.

ESCP is one of the top 3 grand ecoles, and is very well respected in France. The opportunities you will get here both academic and for networking would be unparalleled. Additionally all top companies from all sectors, recruit from ESCP so you can have a very good career boost early on.
In this matter EDHEC is a little behind, as some of the top companies do not recruit from its campuses, for example the tier 1 consulting companies BCG,bain and McKinsey only recruit from HEC,ESCP and Essec.

Also one thing to consider is EDHEC's Masters in Finance is really great and very well ranked, so if your goal is just Finance it may be a good choice. But then again ESCP's finance track is also great and its Finance masters is also included in the top 10.

The last argument i can make in favor of ESCP is you get to live and study in the heart of Paris, where both networking & social opportunities are huge. So that is a plus point.

Hope the answer helped.
You can check out www.MiM-Essay.com for further queries about the MiM schools & their application criteria.

Regards,
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by AnneeSmith » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 pm
RohanMIM wrote:Hi everyone,
After a long process,finally the results are out.
I have been selected at ESCP, EM-LYON, AUDENCIA, SKEMA AND EDHEC.
I have narrowed down the choice to ESCP and EDHEC.
But now I cant choose.
ESCP has offered me a scholarship of 8600 Euros.
EDHEC has offered me a scholarship of 12,800 Euros.

ESCP is ranked higher.But its more expensive. (though not out of reach)

EDHEC is ranked lower. But its more affordable. Both in terms of school fees and living expense.

My undergraduate specialization has been in Finance and I wanna do the same in my Masters specialization.
In France, business school is a business !!!! Lol !

Basically you have the 5 best : HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, EDHEC,EM LYON

Then really behind you have 15 good schools as ESC Tours, ESC Reims, ISC,ESC Toulouse etc...

Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members

by akhpad » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 pm
Please avoid EDHEC Business School - Global MBA. Though it costs less, it will be waste of money at the end. Quality of education was poor except finance and there will be no placement at all.

In general, going to study in Europe is never preferred. Even you study at better school, it will be very hard to get job in Europe because of the language issue.