Profile Evaluation Request

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Profile Evaluation Request

by yadu9991 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:17 pm
Hi,
Please find below details on my profile. Will be great if you can provide the evaluation.

GMAT:680 (49-Quant,33-Verbal), IR - 7, AWA-5.5.

ST Goal- To work in a consulting company as Generalist.
LT Goal - To become VP-Strategy in a Fortune 500 company.

Programs of interest-Full-time MBA: List A :- Cornell-Johnson, Tuck, Michigan-Ross, INSEAD.

List B :- Kelley, Kenan-Flagler, Tepper, HEC Paris, IESE, Cambridge-Judge, Oxford-Said, ESADE.

Educational Background-

Undergraduate degree B-Tech in Biotech (Kurukshetra University, India) with 3.1/5 CGPA
Professional Background
work experience- 6.5 years in Marketing, Sales, Business Development, and Finance.

currently working with Mercedes-Benz Financial as Senior Manager - Finance & Insurance (Handling North-2 Region of India)

Hi,

Please find rest of the details below:-

1) .What I did at my workplace - I'm Handling a team of 8 people to manage Retail products of the bank (Assets and Liability products).

The primary role is to be responsible for all aspects of the marketing & sales function and to provide services orientated towards stakeholders/customers, and ensure that marketing operates in line with corporate objectives to reflect accurately B2B strategic direction. The role involves contributing to the development and functional implementation of the channel marketing and sales strategy.

Currently, I'm handling a portfolio of certain Dealers of Mercedes-Benz.

2). Leadership - My role is a managerial, I handle a team of 24 people and manage a portfolio of clients.

3). Volunteer work - I have volunteered for "HELPAGE INDIA" for 3 months.
I have volunteered to teach Slum children in Mumbai for 6 months in my previous job.
I'm Regularly contributing to Give India Foundation from last 2 and half years.

4). Extra Curricular - I was captain of Kurukshetra University team (Cricket team).
head student organizer for organizing sports meet at the university.
I was also cultural secretary at the university.
I'm one of the organizer of "Star Drive" organized by Mercedes-Benz India.
Part of Haryana Cricket Team that came second in National Level Indoor Cricket Tournament.

5). Work Achievements - I have received a letter of appreciation twice in my 1st Job.
I consistently topped the western region of India business parameters in my 2nd job.
out of 6.5 years of total experience, 5 years has been on a supervising role.
I have received 3 awards in my current Job:
a). Award : 1st Place PAN India for Business Penetration.
b). Award : 1st Place PAN India for Overall Performance.
c). Award : 1St Place PAN India for Quality Management.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:08 am
So there are definitely aspects of your profile I really like. Your work experience, function, and performance are all fantastic. You lead team, do interesting work, you're recognized for it - your professional accomplishments are great. On the flip side, your GMAT is a bit low, your undergrad institution isn't Tier I, and your community involvement is really light. So List A is unlikely. List B is more realistic and is a bit more diversified so that's good. Most of list B can still get you that consulting job you're looking for so the career enablement is there - albeit perhaps the top 3 won't be there. I know that's probably not the best of news and I'm not saying you shouldn't give List A a shot - but just realize what that does from a risk and opportunity cost perspective.

By the way - if you tell a school you want to be a general consultant, you're fundamentally missing the point of how consulting firms operate > you need to be more specific!

I hope that helps - good luck with the apps! Let us know if you have any questions or need a hand,

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!