Interview Tips for Dartmouth - Tuck by Alumni

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members
Excerpts from our interview of a Tuck alumnus

About Myself

I am a 2006 MBA graduate of the Tuck School of Business. During my time at Tuck, I was involved in a number of campus activities including acting as an Admissions Associate. While at Tuck and during my time as an Alumni Interviewer, I have interviewed dozens of applicants on behalf of Tuck. My tips are based on my own experiences interviewing aspiring business school applicants.

Importance of Interviews at Tuck

Tuck offers interviews with the expectation that they should not be drill sessions, but should be conversations so that Tuck can get to know the applicant on a personal level and the applicant can get to know Tuck so remember to ask your interviewer questions. Applicants will be evaluated on criteria such as leadership, self-awareness, interpersonal skills and ability to get involved in the Tuck community. Applicants who do well in the interview will showcase these skills and qualities in the interview. They will have high energy and show a passion for what they are talking about. In addition, if you are an international student, your ability to communicate in English will also be evaluated.

Interviews at Tuck are either applicant initiated on-campus or Admissions initiated after an initial review of your application. Interviews are considered one data point in the application and will not make or break your application. It is to your benefit to schedule your interview after you have done your campus visit/tour. If you cannot schedule your interview for after the visit, try to visit the night before and talk to students. Many applicants lament that they have a better understanding of Tuck after they have had the chance to visit and talk with students.

Interview Process

The majority of on-campus interviews are given by Second-Year students. These students are chosen for their leadership on campus and their commitment to Tuck. This means these students love Tuck and have had a great experience and will want to talk about how great Tuck is. They are also a great resource to you! You should dress for your interview, regardless of location, in business dress. I know this can be a challenge in the cold weather in Hanover, but presentation counts.

Important Questions

You should expect to answer some variation of "Why Tuck?" "Why do you need an MBA?" and "What are your short-term/long-term goals?" A great way to do well on your interviews ...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For more admission interview tips visit https://www.interviewbay.com/interview_t ... w-tips.php

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target Business School