Profile Evaluation:GMAT(690), 7Yr Exp in IB & Consulting

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Appreciate expert advice on my my profile evaluation + help on choosing right schools. I would like to go for 2 year MBA & I am planning to apply in R2. Following are my details:-

Basic:-
Nationality: Indian
Work location - New York (on H1b Work Visa)

Acads -
a) GMAT: 690 (Q48, V37, IR 6)
b) Electronics & Telecom Engineer from Mumbai university, India (throughout first class in a college, 68% --> GPA - 3.5+)
c) CFA Charter holder, CFA institute US

Work -

Current Organization - 2 years - Global Business Development & Consulting in Financial services, with a niche Big Data Analytics company (couple of years away from IPO), New York,
I Acquired top 2 of 10 US banks as clients & Consulted with major payment tech. provider and banks in sales & marketing Analytics
I got 1 fast track promotion last year, also got my band change 6 months after that and expecting 2nd promotion/title change sooner.

Getting some tech+start up growth phase experience in business development+ consulting Fortune 500 firms.

Prior work-ex
1) 18 months with Credit Suisse in supporting Front office traders in US & UK with investment research and risk Analytics., Mumbai India. 6 months into Market risk department.
2) 15 months - Business Analyst - Product development & consulting, with SunGard, India (leading US based Financial Software Product Company)
3) 2 years - Business Analyst - Tech. consulting, with Indian Mid-cap IT company, worked with Citibank in Corporate banking Domain

Other(Independent) Work -
1) Played a key role in marketing a micro-finance's positiion in Mumbai region
3) Led Social, Knowledge and Philanthropy committees at College and all the Work Places
4) Founded a "Youth Foundation" at Local Community to Promote overall development of the School and College Students
5) Career Mentoring to new members of CFA institute Mumbai chapter. Member of CFA institute NY chapter (NYSSA)

To summarize - Total 7 years of research & consulting experience in Tech + Banking/Finance sectors
Many of my peers are already from from Top Ivy schools (Chicago Booth, CBS, Kellogg, IIM or undergrad from IIT.)

Immediate Career Goal - Investment Banking - M&A TMT

What am I doing to get closer to my career goal ?

I independently worked as an M&A consultant for 15 months (along with my current) job with a boutique Indian investment bank to acquire and execute cross border M&A and PE deals (closure experience of one Japan-India deal)
Also, working closely with current company CFO to set up M&A strategy for the firm.

I need your advice to evaluate my chances of breaking into top my target b-schools. Appreciate if yo can let me know whether my target schools are best fit for career goals and background

Broad list of my target schools (have 1 month+1 week's time and planning to apply to 4 b-schools)
Dream - Wharton, Tuck, Columbia, Stern, (any 2)
Right Fit - Yale, Cornell, Duke, & Ross (any 2/3)

Thanks again for your time. Looking forward to hear your expert views.

Thanks,
iOptimist