38 Days to Go !! Request Suggestions on the roadmap ahead

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello All,

I've scheduled my GMAT exam on Dec 2nd. I have another 38 days left. Any suggestions on what the future course
of preparations should be? I have taken 4 practice tests till date(scores have been above average, hovering around 600-610). I have worked on all the important study materials (OFG 13 , OFG Verbal review,Manhattan Guides). The issue currently is that i do not feel very comfortable while studying/practicing online. What i have been observing is that i tend make a lot more errors while practicing online than while practicing with pencil & paper. This is the only reason i feel am scoring far below my expected score.

Going forward, i would like to invest more time on computer based studies and materials rather than a book heavy approach. So kindly let me know your thoughts on the same. I am aiming for a score of 700+

Thanks,
Sudeep

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:25 pm
Hi Sudeep,

It sounds like you're in the same situation that you were in at the beginning of October. We discussed all of this in this post:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/requesting-h ... tml#731646

When you mentioned the 4 practice CATs, how many of them were taken in the last few weeks? And what were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?

Since you now have just 5 weeks, you'll have to do a lot more work in a shorter period of time to hit your goals. As I recommended earlier, you should take advantage of the free sample materials and Trial accounts that are available, then select the one that best matches this new timeline and your budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:43 pm
I think that taking doing more practice on the computer is an excellent idea. Even though you are less comfortable doing so, this is how you will be tested so it is really important to get comfortable with it. I would also recommend building up your mental endurance by taking at least 5-10 full length CATs under test like conditions.

It is also important to pinpoint your weaknesses. To do this, look at your last few CATs and what types of questions you are getting worn the most, ie DS:geometry. Then review those topics.

Since you are aiming for a 700+ then it is also important that you practice with the most difficult questions, so I would recommend picking up Kaplan 800 and Advanced GMAT quant books.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!